GTA5 Software/Hardware Glitch FACTS Only!

This is a LONG post but worth the read IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR MODDED CARS!! I'm a long time fan and player of GTA series.... Some of you are posting stories of losing vehicles in ways the have little or nothing to do with the current issue the game is having. Some of these issues are hardware related (even by year of manufacture). You lose cars all the time when you use them for missions, this has pretty much been the norm for GTA games. Occasionally you can retain a car after completing because you never had to leave it, or it reappears at point of origin should you respawn where the mission started after SUCCESSFUL completion of it. Many times, if you die during the mission (even IN your vehicle, it is officially lost) Moral: try not to use "special cars" for missions. In GTA5, I have also experienced the issue with cars disappearing from garages after missions, during missions, after saves, after upgrades...the whole nine. But this is not just about what car you drive or not... it's not only occurring when you drive another characters personal vehicle. While these may be valid triggers, the two factors that seem most likely to corrupt your saved cars (or even corrupt the entire game session) is by far USE of THE PHONE and NOT DISABLING the AUTOSAVE feature! Ironic that "AUTOSAVE" contributes to the loss of saved vehicles...o_0. I've managed to get the game session to corrupt several times by using the characters cell phone just before, during or after (by using the "Quick Save") a mission. The game session will go into a 'pseudo freeze' condition. Here's a description of it (on PS3): If the mission is about to begin (or end) and a you attempt to use the phone the 'pseudo freeze' can kick in and cause the mission not to engage (or complete). The game is essentially frozen at that point, BUT STILL PARTIALLY PLAYABLE. Your character will still walk but weapon draw, weapon select, jump, run, pressing triangle to enter a vehicle, "Quick Save" phone feature, swimming movement (and EVEN DEATH only prior to starting mission) are ALL DISABLED. Essentially all you can do is walk around and take pictures with your phone! This condition requires that you exit the game ENTIRELY and reload! You may still be able to save in the pause menu when the game is this condition-DO NOT SAVE!! If you do, you will likely corrupt EVERYTHING you've saved up to that point-specifically anything stored (by any of the three characters) in any garage (Safehouse or Pillbox)!! Saving AFTER completion of a mission BY USING THE CELL PHONE "QUICK SAVE" has been where most of my problems seem to originate! I suspected on the very first night played and saw that essentially 4 separate save options (Pause Menu, Cell Phone, *Character Sleep, and AUTO) were engaged that there would be data corruption issues. Having so many save options working simo is NOT ADVISED. Until Rockstar patches or removes at least one of the three, using ONLY the Pause Menu Save is the best option to avoid data corruption. The phone features seem to be the buggiest and most eligible for eradication. Hopefully the phone save will be REMOVED and the mandatory phone pic 'upload or delete' will be will be changed so that it cannot handicap gameplay as it does. Save photo to YOUR SYSTEM with the option of upload later should be the option. There are far too many 'in game immediate upload' phone pics being taken for Rockstar's (or anybody elses) servers to handle!!!! That was indeed a STOOPID IDEA Rockstar!!! Lamar must've suggested it! That's all I have for now, Hopefully Rockstar sees this... I'ld love to become a game tester!!

Loading comments...