Polygon Community Gamenight: Team Fortress 2 (July 14)

2aqaiae_medium

Hey there Polygon Community. Recently you've made your requests for more of an investment in growing the community and over the past few days I've been reading forum posts, chatting with Polynauts in the Polygon Steam group, and talking with folks about how to make the community experience better for everyone who visits our fair shores.

One of the things which the Polygon community have asked for is a regular gaming night. It's something I've wanted to do for a while but unfortunately I've not followed through on for one reason or another, and I'm really sorry about that. But we can correct that right now.

Every week, beginning this Sunday we'll have a community game night. It'll mainly be free-to-play in order to allow everyone the opportunity to join the fun. I'll be looking for volunteers who wish to assist in organising matches on the night to make sure that everyone who wants to play gets that chance - and by doing so you'll be helping the community to have a great night and you'll have a warm fuzzy feeling when you log off and crawl into bed.

The first game we're going to be playing is Team Fortress 2, it's free to play on PC, Mac OS X and Linux and if somehow you've missed it over the past six plus years there's a video above. If you log in to Steam it should already be in your games library, so make sure you have it installed ahead of Sunday evening.

In the meantime it's a good idea to sign into the PolygonForums Steam group. That way we can easily get together on Sunday and arrange matches in the chatroom where Polynauts often talk throughout the day if you're at a loose end and want to get to know your community in a more real time fashion. If you've any other suggestions for Polynauts Gamenight (or any other community initiative) then drop me an email at community[at]polygon.com and we'll have a chat. Also, be sure to RSVP on the poll below so we can get ideas on numbers for the night.

Sunday, July 14. I'll see you on Steam Polygon.

Loading poll...