Returning Tiger 14

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning /> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables /> <w:SnapToGridInCell /> <w:WrapTextWithPunct /> <w:UseAsianBreakRules /> <w:DontGrowAutofit /> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

This begins with EA’s release of Tiger Woods 14: Historic Edition. I pre-ordered in February to get the free course when the game released in late March. This game is totally broken. On line play is impossible. It freezes every other game and there are no stats or coins awarded for wins. Playing the game’s Historic Mode causes it to freeze after just one or two holes. It isn’t just me. If you read EA’s Tiger forum, you’ll find everyone (PS3 and Xbox360) are experiencing the same problems. I finally called EA customer service. The first person I spoke with said EA was aware of the problem and when I asked for an RMA to return the game for a full refund, was transferred to the proper department. The next person I spoke with asked where I bought it. I told them Amazon and they said since I didn’t buy from them, they couldn’t do anything. BUT: If I could get Amazon to let me return the game in exchange for an unopened new game still in plastic wrap, I could call back, get an RMA and return it for a refund.

I then called Amazon and told the first person I spoke with about my conversation with EA and she transferred me to a gentleman in the returns department. I wish I had written down his name so I could write Amazon and commend him for outstanding customer service. I explained my conversation with EA and he checked his inventory and said he had no new copies of Tiger 14. I told him I really didn’t want a replacement since the game was totally broken through bad programming and I would like to return it for a refund. He immediately sent me a link to download and print a prepaid return shipping label and said I’d get a full refund when they received the game.

KUDOS to Amazon for taking care of their customers and covering EA’s defective products.