Obligatory "New Vita Owner Needs Help" Thread - Cross Play and Games Question

Hey, fellow Polynauts, I had been fighting off new console/new gaming PC thoughts for quite a while, and I finally decided based on the budget I had and my interest in future-centric devices that the Vita was the best option available right now. It costs the least out of what I was mulling over (custom Steam Machine, PS4, or Vita), and seems most capable of growing with me (i.e. when I eventually get a PS4, I can look forward to remote play as well as Playstation Now; meanwhile, my current gaming PC in my office can keep pulling its weight on Steam).

Having said that, I have been out of the Sony ecosystem since PS2. A lot of my friends are PS3/4 fans, but none of them own or utilize Vitas alongside their systems. As a result I have no point of reference to really understand Cross-Play. I checked the Sony support pages, and see the following Cross-Play examples:

• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – The PS3 version of the game can be controlled using the PS Vita system.
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip – PS Vita users can download and share tracks with PS3 users.
  • WipEout 2048 – PS Vita users can compete in online races against users of WipEout HD for PS3.

That seems like a really broad example set of what the term Cross-Play means, and I am specifically looking for games that fulfill the second and third criteria. One of the biggest reasons I got a Vita is Dragon's Crown, and for that game in particular I have seen a couple of articles about Cross-Play but have no idea what category it falls under. So can anyone tell me if Dragon's Crown has Cross-Play of any kind built in? Also are there any games people can recommend aside from Dragon's Crown that utilize Cross-Play that will allow me to share content or play directly with PS3/4 users?

Aside from that I was curious to see what the best JRPGs are on the system. In general I am most looking forward to Dragon's Crown, Persona 4, and Gravity Rush, but would love suggestions on some quality JRPG games. As a comparison point I also have a 3DS XL where I play games like Rune Factory 4, Virtue's Last Reward, Etrian Odyssey, and Shin Megami Tensei. I was wondering what the best games on Vita are that fit similar molds.

I appreciate the help!