The Final Fantasy 25th anniversary box set includes all 13 games in the series' numbered sequence.
Final Fantasy will be getting a special Ultimate Box collector's edition to celebrate the series 25th anniversary, Square Enix announced today at its event in Tokyo.
The box set will include all 13 main games in the franchise's numbered sequence across four PlayStation systems:
- Final Fantasy (PlayStation one disc)
- Final Fantasy II (PSOne, one disc)
- Final Fantasy III (PlayStation Portable, one disc)
- Final Fantasy IV (PSOne, one disc)
- Final Fantasy V (PSOne, one disc)
- Final Fantasy VI (PSOne, one disc)
- Final Fantasy VII, international version (PSOne, four discs)
- Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne, four discs)
- Final Fantasy IX (PSOne, four discs)
- Final Fantasy X (PlayStation 2, one disc)
- Final Fantasy XI Vana Del Collection 2 (PlayStation 2, one disc)
- Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2, one disc)
- Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3, one disc)
The bundle will also include several limited edition items: a special video about the series' anniversary, a "Crystal ArtWorks" art booklet, a two-disc soundtrack of select Final Fantasy tracks, a code for a special item in Final Fantasy XIV, and small statue of the 25th anniversary logo moogle. The entire pack will run fans ¥35,000 (about $445.36)
Square Enix will also be publishing three Memorial Ultimate artbooks featuring previously unreleased artwork from the series. Each book will cost ¥3,255 (about $41.48) and be roughly 320 pages. Volume one will cover Final Fantasy I through VI, two will cover VII through IX, and the final volume will include Final Fantasy X through Final Fantasy XIV.
The set and artbooks will ship in Japan on December 18, the latter available exclusively via the Square Enix online shop. We have contacted Square Enix regarding the game box set and artbooks' release outside of Japan.