The Indie Royale Oktoberfest bundle is available for the next week with six acclaimed indie games: the Hector: Badge of Carnage trilogy, Chime, The Adventures of Shuggy, Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!, The Witch's Yarn, and The Network.
Unlike the Humble Indie Bundle, Indie Royale doesn't quite offer a pay-what-you-want system. There's a minimum price that goes up as people buy the bundle — the cost started at $4, but is already above $5.50 after three hours with over 2,100 bundles purchased. However, customers who pay more than the minimum price will keep the cost down for everyone else; for example, contributing $25 drops the asking price by $0.05. Paying at least $8 will net you two albums by chiptune musician Savestates, Calm Your Nerves and Chip unDeath.
Here are the games in the bundle, and the platforms on which they're being offered:
- Hector: Badge of Carnage (PC, Mac, Steam, Desura) is a three-episode series of point-and-click adventure games from The Walking Dead developer Telltale Games and Northern Irish animation studio Straandlooper.
- Chime (PC via Steam) is a musical puzzle game by Zoë Mode that is also available on Xbox Live Arcade.
- The Adventures of Shuggy (PC, Steam, Desura) is a 2D puzzle-platformer from Smudged Cat Games.
- Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble! (PC, Mac, Steam, Desura) is a puzzle game by Mousechief; it includes a bonus game from the same studio, The Witch's Yarn, an interactive visual novel.
- The Network (PC, Desura) is a top-down shooter from AquaFox.
The Oktoberfest bundle will only be available for the next seven days, so watch the trailer below and then get on it if you're interested. Indie Royale's next offering, the Fall bundle, will go live in two weeks.