Genshin Impact players completing Hu Tao’s Story Quest, “Yet the Butterfly Flutters Away,” eventually have to enter a domain with a key-based puzzle.
The domain will unlock in the second part of the quest, “Perfect Send-Off,” and you’ll be able to use Hu Tao while inside. The dungeon focuses on using blue flames to light lanterns that allows you to progress, as well as using camera angles to line up symbols on a wall.
If you’re having a hard time lining up the symbols using different camera angles, zoom in and out, too.
While most of the dungeon is fairly straightforward, after the first few rooms, you’ll encounter a puzzle that keeps looping you around in circles if you don’t do it correctly.
You’ll eventually find a room with one blue flame and two lanterns. However, you need two blue flames to light the lanterns and proceed.
- Grab the blue flame, but do not approach any of the lanterns.
- Kill the spider to the left, and go down the corridor. The blue flame you collected will follow you. After swimming through water and following the path, you’ll be spit back out in the room before the puzzle.
- Pick up a second blue flame, which will have respawned, and approach the two lanterns to activate them.
- If you made a mistake and activated a lantern when you only had one blue flame, you’ll have to run through the loop until you have two blue flames.
- Once you get past this door, you just have to run through the rest of the dungeon and watch some cutscenes.
After this, a treasure chest will spawn with some primogems and other goodies inside, and the exit will open up.