Genshin Impact’s addition of the Inazuma region also added a very complex and long world quest line, which starts with a quest called “A Strange Story in Konda.” This quest is part of the Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual world quest line. Our Genshin Impact guide will explain where to find the NPCs you need to talk to in “A Strange Story in Konda” and how to complete the quest.
This quest is mandatory if you want to unlock the Waypoint Teleporter and Domain near the Perpetual Mechanical Array boss.
A Strange Story in Konda quest walkthrough steps
Shortly after leaving Ritou, you’ll see a shrine maiden wearing a kitsune mask with a world quest. This is where the quest begins. Once you talk to her, you’ll need to do the following:
- Use an Electro ability on the statue in front of her.
- Pick up the Ward in front of the statue.
- Talk to four of the locals in Konda village: Futaba (in front of the chief’s house), Saimon Eri (by the tomato plants), Konda Densuke (standing on the porch of a house), and Takeru (standing on the roof of a house).
- Head to the three areas marked on your map and interact with the sparkles to pick up clues.
- Go back and talk to Konda Densuke and present the purse, the cargo bag, and the list, in that order.
- Climb up to Densuke’s roof and grab his diary.
- Head over to the marked area, defeat the treasure hoarders, and pick up the Old Key.
- Use the Old Key to go open the village well and go down.
- Head down using Electrogranum along the way to pass through the barriers.
- Once you get to the Torii gate, place the Ward in the small shrine in front of the gate. Then interact with the other small shrines so their numbers reflect the diagram below. Activate the first gate.
Once you do this, a mini-boss will spawn and attack you, but it shouldn’t be too hard to defeat. The shrine maiden will reappear and tell you that there’s more purifying to do, so you better get to it.
Before you leave the well, make sure to use the Electrogranum to the right of the gate and climb up the wall past the barrier. There’ll be a Precious Chest in the next room that has a key you need for the next part of the quest, and you don’t want to have to come back just to grab it.