Genshin Impact’s second quest in the “Sacred Sakura Cleaning Ritual” world quest line is “Sacrificial Offering.” Once you complete “A Strange Story in Konda,” you’ll immediately unlock this quest. Our Genshin Impact guide explains how to investigate the shrine, use the Memento Lens, and how to solve the barrier puzzle.
This quest is mandatory if you want to unlock the Waypoint Teleporter and Domain near the Perpetual Mechanical Array boss.
Sacrificial Offering world quest walkthrough
- Head to the abandoned shrine northeast of Konda village.
- Investigate the shrine by interacting with the Mysterious Shadows. Talking to one will move her to a different location. Talk to each Mysterious Shadow until they’re all grouped up by the small kitsune statues to the east of the shrine. Two of the shadows will be on the path leading up to the main part of the shrine, but one will be on the roof of the shrine. Once they’re all lined up, chests will spawn and an item will appear in the center of the statues.
- Once you pick up the item, head to the Grand Narukami Shrine and talk to the marked NPC. She’ll give you a Memento Lens, which you’ll need to equip from the gadget pouch of your bag.
- Go back to the abandoned shrine and use the Memento Lens on the small kitsune statuettes with glowing eyes.
- Interact with the large kitsune statue to the east of the shrine and select “In the name of Narukami’s envoy,” “And of the Hakushin bloodline,” and “Bring forth the fried tofu” in that order.
- Use the key obtained from the well in “A Strange Story in Konda” to unlock the gate under the shrine. The gate is around the small pond to the south of the shrine. If you don’t have the key, you’ll need to go back to the well in Konda to open the Precious Chest to the right of the Torii gate.
- Place the Ward in the small shrine in front of the Torii gate. Just like the last quest, change the symbols on the shrines to represent the following numbers, and then activate the first shrine.
Just like the first shrine, this one will also spawn a mini-boss for you to fight. Take him out, and you’ll be able to close out this chapter on the Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual.
The next part will task you with finding the remaining shrines with no hints other than their general locations in “Cleansing Defilement.”