Watatsumi Island is home to many cube puzzles in Genshin Impact, but its hardest is one that requires a sudoku-like solution. Our Genshin Impact guide will walk you through how to complete this eight-cube puzzle.
This puzzle is right outside the eastern Teleport Waypoint by Bourou Village on Watatsumi Island. Once you go to that teleporter, just run north a bit to see the cubes.
The puzzle requires you to hit the cubes a certain number of times, and you’ll receive two Exquisite Chests and one Precious Chest for your time.
Each time you complete one set, you’ll need to teleport away and return for the next puzzle to show up. If the next puzzle doesn’t show up, you can log out and log back in, and it should appear. (Our third puzzle didn’t show up until we relogged.)
We’ve listed the solutions to the three cube puzzles below. If you mess up, you can relaunch Genshin Impact to reset the puzzles back to their default positions.
Watatsumi Island cube puzzle solution 1
- Hit cube 1 three times.
- Hit cube 2 twice.
- Hit cube 3 three times.
- Hit cube 4 once.
Watatsumi Island cube puzzle solution 2
- Hit cube 1 three times.
- Hit cube 2 once.
- Hit cube 3 twice.
- Hit cube 4 twice.
Watatsumi Island cube puzzle solution 3
- Hit cube 1 twice.
- Hit cube 2 twice.
- Hit cube 3 once.
- Hit cube 4 three times.
After this, you’re all done with these mind-numbing puzzles.
Just starting out
- Beginner’s guide, tips, and tricks
- Battle Pass (Gnostic Hymn), explained
- How to unlock free characters
- How to get more stamina
- How to level up your characters
- How to upgrade your character’s Constellations
- How to make more Wishes
- Hangout Event guide
- Unlock fishing
- Elemental Reactions and Resonance guide
Where to find …
- Sigils and Souvenir Shop guide
- Where to find Treasure Hoarder Insignias
- Where to find Jueyun Chili
- Where to find Sakura Blooms
- Where to find Scarab Beetles
- Where to find Spectral Husks, Hearts, and Nucleus
- Inazuma weapon blueprint locations
- Food recipe vendor list
- How to get ‘The Catch’ Polearm weapon
- How to get the “End of the Line” bow
- Bosses 4
- Mondstadt puzzles and quests walkthroughs 2
Liyue puzzles and quests walkthroughs
- ‘The Chi of Guyun’ quest walkthrough and solution
- ‘Treasure Lost, Treasure Found’ quest solution
- Hidden Palace of Guizang Formula puzzle solution
- Lingju Pass Geo puzzle solution
- Unlock The Lost Valley domain
- ‘Dimming Mushroom’s Call for Help’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘The Millennial Mountains’ world quest walkthrough
Inazuma puzzles and quests walkthroughs
- Furniture blueprint vendors list
- How to open up the Tatarasuna barrier in Inazuma
- How to unlock the Shakkei Pavilion domain
- ‘Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘A Strange Story in Konda’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘Sacrificial Offering’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘Cleansing Defilement’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘Yougou Cleansing’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘Relics of Seirai’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘The Farmer’s Treasure’ world quest walkthrough
- Araumi cube puzzle solution
- Amakumo Peak puzzle solution
- Seiraimaru boat puzzle solution
- Suigetsu Pool puzzle solution
Enkanomiya puzzles and quests walkthroughs
- How to unlock Enkanomiya
- Key Sigil locations and uses
- ‘Collection of Dragon and Snakes’ world quest book locations
- ‘Date’s Challenge’ world quest puzzle solution
- Enkanomiya Teleport Waypoints world quest
- ‘Hyperion’s Dirge’ world quest, Divine Bridle location
- ‘The Phaethons’ Syrtos’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘Lotus Eater’ world quest walkthrough
- Sunchildren locations
Sumeru puzzles and quest walkthroughs
- Sumeru weapon blueprint locations
- Hidden Sumeru reputation world quests
- How to unlock the ‘Fragment of Childhood Dreams’ domain
- How to unlock ‘The Coordinates of Sun and Rain’ domain
- How to unlock the ‘Garden of Endless Pillars’ domain
- How to unlock the ‘Red Desert Threshold’ domain
- How to unlock the ‘City of the Deceased’ domain
- How to unlock the ‘Altar of Mirages’ domain
- How to fix broken Dendro pillars
- ‘Aranyaka’ world quest guide
- ‘Vimana Agama’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘Children of the Forest’ world quest walkthrough
- ‘Varuna Gatha’ world quest walkthrough
- Aranyaka Mysterious Clipboard buried chest locations
- Setaria answers for Sumeru Archon Quest
- How to raise your ‘clearance level’
- How to ‘break Suda’s Flow’ in ‘Afratu’s Dilemma’
- ‘Memories of the Oasis’ puzzle solution
- Sumeru desert chess puzzle guide
Sign up for the newsletter Patch Notes
A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon