In this God of War guide, we’ll show you how to find every Spoils of War artifact in Alfheim.
Finding artifacts in God of War isn’t just about being a completionist. Each artifact you pick up earns you some XP (with a bonus when you complete a set). And you can sell artifacts for good money when you visit a Brok or Sindri franchise location.
Spoils of War artifact locations (Alfheim)
You can collect all five of the Alfheim artifacts on your first visit during “The Light of Alfheim.” You won’t find the first two until you’re exploring the Lake of Light.
- Once you get to the Lake of Light, follow the shore to the left. You’ll come to the Light Elf Shore. As soon as you beach the canoe, turn right and follow the broken pier back toward the water to find the first artifact.
- The next artifact is at the other optional location — the Light Elf Sanctuary. Follow the shore all the way to the right. Work your way around the sanctuary, past the puzzle doors and loop around to the right. Before you drop back down to the beach where you started, the second artifact will be at your feet. (Check our Alfheim guide for a full walkthrough of the Light Elf Sanctuary.)
The rest of the artifacts are in the main temple.
- You won’t find any artifacts for a while. You’ll do a bit of exploring, Atreus will get kidnapped briefly, and you’ll have to fight an Ancient and a bunch of Dark Elves. On the platform after you fight the Ancient, restore the bridges, then head to the left for the third artifact.
- Again, you’ll have to do a bit more exploring and fighting. When you take the elevator back down into the closed and dark trench, the next artifact is in a cell directly behind you.
- Back in the main part of the trench, you’ll create a light bridge off to the left. In the next room, you’ll knock down a crystal and release a bunch of Draugr. The fifth artifact is in one of their cells.