In this God of War guide, we’ll show you how to find every Family Heirloom artifact in Helheim.
Finding artifacts in God of War isn’t just about being a completionist. Each artifact you pick up earns you some XP (with a bonus when you complete a set). And you can sell artifacts for good money when you visit a Brok or Sindri franchise location.
Family Heirloom artifact locations (Helheim)
Your first trip to Helheim will be during the main story chapter “The Sickness.” You’ll be able to grab the first three of the Family Heirloom artifacts during that visit.
- As soon as you leave Tyr’s Temple and exit into Helheim proper, turn right. You’ll find the first artifact in the corner.
- A ways down the bridge, there’s a locked door you can’t get through. You have to turn left, burn through some Hel-bramble and take a detour. You’ll climb around a bunch of pillars and fight a bunch of Hel-walkers. At the bottom of the pillar you climb down (you’ll pass a chest held up by some Hel-brambles), look for a broken pillar behind you. The second artifact is stuck behind some Hel-bramble near the top of the pillar.
- You’ll fight some more Hel-walkers and eventually climb out of that arena (and back up toward the bridge). Immediately after you climb out, you’ll pass under an overpass. The third artifact is stuck to the underside of the overpass with more Hel-bramble.
For the remaining two artifacts, you’ll have to take a special trip back to Helheim with Atreus in tow.
- Run along the bridge until you reach the second overpass. Climb up and cross it to the left. Have Atreus blow up the sap wall to get inside a Hidden Chamber (there are also two Odin’s ravens and a Valkyrie, Rota, behind this sap wall). This first of the remaining artifacts is just behind the sap wall on your right.
- Take the elevator (Helevator) down to the Valkyrie’s area. Before you get to Rota’s arena, take the stairs up to the balcony over the entrance. The artifact is behind the brazier on the left side.