EA has announced the Team of the Week for week 20 of FIFA 19, and this week the starters are anchored by mainland Europe.
With no Premier League matches this past weekend, the rest of Europe got an even more prominent role in this week’s team. The star of the team this time around is Karim Benzema whose two goals secured Real Madrid a 4-2 win against Espanyol and helped the team keep from slipping any further behind its La Liga rivals, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. Speaking of those two top La Liga squads, both brought one defender to the Team of the Week this time around with Jose Maria Gimenez and Nelson Semedo respectively.
The attacking talent for this week’s squad also includes Paris Saint Germain’s Angel Di Maria who finished the week with a goal and an assist in the team’s win against Rennes. Finally, the attackers are rounded out by Fabio Quagliarella who earned an assist and two penalty goals in Sampdoria’s 4-0 win over the weekend.
For a full breakdown of FIFA 19’s week 20 Team of the Week, check out the list below.
Team of the Week 20, Starting 11
- Walter Benitez, goal keeper - OGC Nice
- Vitorino Hilton, center back - Montpellier HSC
- Jose Maria Gimenez, center back - Atletico Madrid
- Nelson Semedo, right back - FC Barcelona
- Joao Cancelo, right midfielder - Juventus
- Alejandro Gomez, central attacking midfielder - Atalanta
- Joan Jordan, central midfielder - SD Eibar
- Raphael Guerreiro, left midfielder - Borussia Dortmund
- Angel Di Maria, left winger - Paris Saint Germain
- Fabio Quagliarella, striker - Sampdoria
- Karim Benzema, striker - Real Madrid
- Nils Korber, goal keeper - VFL Osnabruck
- Oscar Wendt, left back - Borussia M’gladbach
- Armando Izzo, center back - Torino
- Carlos Eduardo, central attacking midfielder - Al Hilal
- Steven Berghuis, right winger - Feyenoord
- Yussuf Poulsen, striker - RB Leipzig
- Alfredo Donnarumma, striker - Brescia
- Nejc Skubic, right back - Atiker Konyaspor
- Mateusz Klich, central midfielder - Leeds
- Angel Mena, right midfielder - Leon
- Chuba Akpom, striker - PAOK FC
- Abderrazak Hamdallah, striker - Al Nassr FC