The 2016 version of Ratchet & Clank for PlayStation 4 has tons of collectables to find in game: RYNO Holocards and Gold Bolts.
Some areas of the game have multiple Gold Bolts and RYNO Holocards, but to make them easy to find, we’ve listed out all the locations of both, alongside maps on where to find them.
Gather all of the RYNO Holocards in the game and take them to the RYNO vendor on Rilgar, who exchanges them for the powerful RYNO weapon.
Acquiring enough Gold Bolts allows you to activate cheats and special effects. The bolts also grant access to various bays in the Insomniac Museum, once you finish the game and start through it again in Challenge Mode.
Table of contents
Talk to Slim Incognito after you make your way through the sewers to receive the Trespasser weapon. Use it to open the nearby gate and access the RYNO Holocard.
Win first place in the Gold Cup hoverboard race event to automatically receive a RYNO Holocard.
Return to Kerwan once you have the Trespasser tool. Upon landing, find a taxi behind your ship that takes you to Downtown Aleero City. Proceed past the Gadgetron Vendor and descend some steps to a room with a translucent barrier blocking entry. Use the Trespasser ahead of the barrier to solve a puzzle and access the RYNO Holocard.
4. Nebula G34
From the hangar, use the Trespasser to access a new corridor. Head along that hallway to reach a small circular chamber with a guard. Defeat him and proceed along the next passageway. Clear out the enemies and use the Trespasser at the end to access another puzzle. Solve the puzzle and enter the room to grab the RYNO Holocard.
Travel to the lava field with numerous small ledges and brains, near the planet’s northeastern region. Go to the largest island near the map’s eastern side and ascend the tower. A hidden ledge extends from its back side, barely visible from the higher level. Drop to the lower ledge to collect the RYNO Holocard.
Advance through the region until you first meet up with Cora. She stands near a building, about to engage with nearby enemies. Use the Trespasser to solve a puzzle and head left through the door for a RYNO Holocard.
In the expansive factory’s lower reaches, you find numerous enemies in the vicinity of a turret positioned along the map’s south side. Take over the turret and blast any resistance, then pivot left and fire on the huge circular doorway to destroy it and access the room and RYNO Holocard.
8. Kalebo III
Place first in the hoverboard race in all three cups to automatically receive the RYNO Holocard as your prize.
Just before you locate the Gravity Stabilizer, you must clear a large chamber of enemies. Near the far end of the chamber, n ot far ahead of the Gravitonium vendor, climb some large crates to the overhead scaffolding. The final RYNO Holocard is out in the open.
1. Once you acquire the Magneboots, return to the planet. Just outside the garage, a Magnestrip lets you ascend the face of a cliff to reach a high ledge with a Gold Bolt.
1. Climb the wide staircase to the train station. At the top of the stairs, ascend a high stack of crates just to the right. Proceed in that direction to find the Gold Bolt resting near the center of a lower ledge.
2. Complete the fitness training course, which is your last stop on the planet on your initial visit. On the prize platform, grab the Gold Bolt and resume your journey.
1. When you meet Skidd McMarx, he asks you to eliminate nearby sand sharks. Start through the area and look for a grate along a rock wall, with the Golden Bolt visible on its opposite side. Skirt the base of the cliff and toss a grenade to destroy the weak rock wall on its back side. Then explore the tunnel to find your reward.
2. Using grappling points, ascend to the high ground in the McMarx Sports Shack area. Utilize the Hydrodisplacer you find to drain the deep water. Then drop to the lower platform. Before you push ahead, dive into the shallower water pool to find a Gold Bolt.
3. Return to Aridia with the Magneboots and Thrusterpack upgrades. Use the teleporter to fast travel to the location where you met Skidd’s agent. Ascend the nearby Magnestrip. At the top, use the Thrusterbolt on the bolt to turn construction cranes and reveal grappling points. Swing across them to reach the mainland. Head left and eliminate some sand sharks to reach the Gold Bolt.
1. Make your way to a frog-infested circular room, with larger enemies on its upper level. Defeat the enemies, then ascend and head along the catwalk to find a room that branches off to the side. Defeat more frogs and grab the Gold Bolt.
1. Proceed to the slime containment area, which is a grid of translucent red barriers. You can clear most barriers by stepping on switches and killing slimes. When the area is clear, use some lower ledges to climb to the roof of the grid. Head carefully along the rooftop to its back corner and drop behind the remaining red barrier to snag the Gold Bolt.
2. Compete in the hoverboard event. Use boost rings to gain speed, and keep to the upper levels of the track where possible. One of the boost rings on an early turn holds a gold bolt.
3. On your first trip through this region, you race through several corridors to stay ahead of rising water levels. Near the start of that route, in the passage with several slime enemies positioned along a curving platform, a tunnel branches off to the right from the base of the wall. Much later in the game, after you acquire the O2 mask from Pokitaru, return to that waterlogged corridor. You can get to it quickly by riding the taxi from your ship to the RYNO Dealer, then using the elevator. Enter the tunnel you saw previously and follow it to the end to acquire a Gold Bolt.
1. Travel to the planet’s northeastern region, with numerous small ledges and brains positioned along a lava field. Travel to the largest island near the map’s eastern side, where you also can find a RYNO Holocard. Then head north along the small ledges to reach a platform with several enemies and a turret. Defeat the enemies and look to the center, where a Gold Bolt rests atop a small volcano. Collect it between lava eruptions.
2. Head toward the lava field’s western reaches, where you find the majority of the region’s brains. You encounter a cluster of islands, though some of them don’t appear on the map screen. Use your jetpack to fly to the area just south of the main cluster, where you should find a secret ravine that contains a Gold Bolt.
3. The third Gold Bolt rests on the region’s southernmost island. You must activate three red pads in succession before the timer expires. Then a barrier lowers so you can grab the bolt.
4. From your ship’s dock, head toward the southernmost portion of the map. Use your jetpack to fly to a high ledge. There, follow the Magnestrip and find a crank you should turn to access an underground bunker. Defeat the enemy hordes, then activate three switches before time expires to produce an elevator. Ride to an overhead ledge and search to find an outcropping with the Gold Bolt.
1. Progress through the region until you first meet up with Cora. Use wall jumps to ascend the vertical shaft to the left of where she stands. A Gold Bolt waits on the rooftop.
2. Progress through the region with Cora until you turn a crank to extend a bridge across a gap. A tank appears and attacks. Defeat it and cross to the ledge it guarded. Head right along smaller ledges to find a hidden area with a Gold Bolt.
3. Near the end of the stage, use your Magnaboots to cross to Fort Krontos at Cora’s direction. Rather than destroying the stacked crates around the edges of the heavily guarded area, climb them to reach the higher wall and a Gold Bolt.
1. As Clank, proceed through the region until you activate three power cores to turn a magnet. After the magnet rotates, place a Springbot robot at the base of a ledge along the wall. Ascend that ledge and place a Bridgebot robot across the gap, toward a grated opening along the same wall. Finally, position another Springbot robot, this time at the end of the makeshift bridge. Now drop to floor level. Return to the previous room and retrieve a bomb. Carry the bomb to where you placed the second Springbot and use it to blast open the grate so you can collect a Gold Bolt.
2. In the large factory chamber, refuel your jetpack. Then fly to the room’s highest reaches and use the Trespasser tool to solve a puzzle and open a door. Enter the chamber and turn a crank to open another door. Fly access a lava-filled area to collect the Gold Bolt from a ledge.
3. After you defeat Mrs. Zircon in the factory’s upper area, fly to a newly opened chamber along the western wall. Activate the switch you find inside to remove a barrier near the top of the circular platform at the factory’s center. Fly down to the new opening and enter it to find a Gold Bolt.
1. Escort Felton until you reach his second skiff but don’t board. Look to the right to see a rocky island. Jump into the water and swim to it, while keeping near the rocks to avoid fish. Once you reach the island, hop along the ledges to ascend it and find a Gold Bolt.
2. After Felton gives you a ride on the second skiff, he asks you to create a bridge by hopping across some gaps and pressing a switch. Before you do that, jump into the water to the left and dive to find a Gold Bolt resting in an open chest under a stone arch.
3. Your reward waits at the top of the waterfall. To reach it, head to where Felton launched his first skiff and dive into the water. Swim along the seafloor to the left to find an opening half blocked by explosive crates. Pass through the opening and surface on the other side of the rock wall. Now ascend a series of ledges guarded by enemies. At the top you, defeat a large Telepathopus squid and a Gold Bolt will appear on a grassy bank.
1. Find and rotate the bolt so you can ride an elevator to an upper level. Then cross to the optional grind rail and jump on it to start a lengthy ride. You need to hit four switches on your way. The first switch is positioned shortly after the first set of trains. Hit it while grinding on the rightmost of three tracks, then quickly jump back left. The second and third switches are on a loop to the right of the main track, not long after you hit the first one. The fourth switch is located on a loop you reach by jumping to the right shortly after grinding through the extended tunnel with several sets of trains. After you hit the fourth switch, ride along that track to reach the Gold Bolt.
2. Partway into the stage, you spin a bolt to rotate a room. Next, head to the nearby elevator and ride it to an overhead ledge. Immediately turn around and double jump to the ledge that was behind you and to the right. Head along it to find the Gold Bolt.
3. In the hoverboard race, start the race by keeping to the track’s left portion. After you pass under three arches, a barrier drops ahead and to the right. Head through that opening and break through three walls of crates. Now veer right and ride up a ramp. Boost near the top of the ramp and jump forward from its top. Veering right as you fly through the air to land on a raised track. Follow that raised track as it curves left around a building, then crosses the main track to arrive at a high ledge with a Gold Bolt.
1. On your first visit to the Deplanetizer, proceed to the far end of the long chamber with a large control panel you can activate using the Trespasser tool. Before you activate it, look to your upper right and shoot a switch on the wall. A ladder drops directly ahead of you. Climb it to the upper level, hop across moving platforms, and grab the Gold Bolt from the catwalk.
2. On your second visit, advance to the room with two statues of Drek. Carefully eliminate all enemies without letting them sound the alarm, then climb two large blocks with glowing blue lights. Climb a ladder from there and use two moving platforms to reach scaffolding on the chamber’s far side, where the Gold Bolt waits.