Pikmin Bloom, developer Niantic’s latest AR game, which dips into the adorable environmental Nintendo franchise, is getting its own Community Day. Our Pikmin Bloom Community Day will teach you about the different bonuses that will be active throughout the day and
On Nov. 13 from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. in your local time, there’ll be a bunch of in-game bonuses for walking around with Pikmin Bloom.
What bonuses are active on Pikmin Bloom Community Day?
According to a post by Niantic, the following bonuses will be active throughout the entire Community Day period:
- Seedlings will grow at 1.5x the usual speed.
- Fruits will give doubled nectar.
- Players who walk more than 10,000 steps will get a “Community Day Participant” badge.
- When you plant flowers, Big Flowers will grow into pansies. Planting pansies will yield a special rare Big Flower.
- Big Flower pansies may start growing as soon as Friday and may continue to grow throughout the weekend, outside of the Community Day period.
How do I make the most of Pikmin Bloom’s Community Day?
Honestly, the best thing to do is just to play the game: walk around and grow flowers as you walk. You’ll also want to keep opening the app to claim fruit that your Pikmin bring you, to replenish your nectar and petals.
You’ll want to plant flowers near Big Flowers, if possible, as they will yield special Community Day bonuses. Shopping malls, parks, and other populated locations will typically have tons of Big Flowers. (If an area near you is a good Pokémon Go spot, it’s also a good Pikmin Bloom spot.)