The Steam Deck has eight buttons, four triggers, four paddles, two joysticks, two trackpads, a D-pad, and a touchscreen and that’s still not enough inputs to do everything you need. Fortunately, Valve has included a helpful trick that gives nearly every button a bonus function. The trick is to combine any input with the Steam button.
For example, if you want to take a screenshot in the Steam Deck, simply press STEAM + R1.
You can see all of the Steam shortcuts by holding down Steam for a couple of seconds. Or, you can see read through the shortcuts right here!
- STEAM + B = Force Game Shutdown
- STEAM + X = Show Keyboard
- STEAM + L1 = Toggle Magnifier
- STEAM + R1 = Take Screenshot
- STEAM + L2 (Soft pull) = Right Mouse Click
- STEAM + R2 (Soft pull) = Left Mouse Click
- STEAM + Right Joystick = Joystick Mouse
- STEAM + Right Trackpad = As Mouse
- STEAM + Rlight Trackpd (Click) = Left Moust Click
- STEAM + Left Joystick Up = Screen Brightness Up
- STEAM + Left Joystick Down = Screen Brightness Down
- STEAM + D-Pad Right = Enter Key
- STEAM + D-Pad Down = Tab Key
- STEAM + D-Pad Left = Escape Key