V Rising is a new vampire-themed survival game where you have to create a base and upgrade it to protect you from the sun and other monsters. Leather is one of the items you need early on, but the game doesn’t directly tell you how to get it. Our V Rising guide explains how to make Leather and unlock the tools to do so.
If you’ve been following the tasks in the top left corner, you’ll eventually be tasked with upgrading your Castle Heart, which requires Copper Ingots and Leather. You can build a furnace immediately and find Copper Ore around the map fairly quickly, but the game doesn’t tell you how to get Leather.
To get Leather, you’ll need to do the following:
- Go to your Blood Altar.
- Track the blood of Keely the Frost Archer.
- Follow the trail to the Bandit Trapper Camp (marked in a map below).
- Defeat Keely and claim her blood. This will unlock the Tannery, which can be used to make Leather, under the “refinement” section of your build menu.
- Head back to your camp and build a Tannery.
- Feed the Tannery Animal Hide to get Leather.
Keely wasn’t too hard to beat, as we were able to easily defeat her with only the Plated Boneguard gear and a Reinforced Bone Sword. The game recommends you to have an item level of at least 20 before you take her down.
Keely the Frost Archer uses ranged attacks and teleports around the camp to try to avoid you. Just keep rushing her and melee her down while dodging her arrows during her long wind-up animations to take her down quickly.