There are two places to spend these precious Frog Coins: one is available right away and another shows up a bit later in the game.
Below, we list where to use your Frog Coins in Super Mario RPG.
Tadpole Pond Frog Coin shop
From the Tadpole Pond entrance, head left and a few tadpoles will stick their heads out of the water. One of them runs the Juice Bar (the place you can shop for if you complete the Melody Bay puzzles), and the other runs the Frog Coin shop.
This merchant sells items usable in battles for Frog Coins. These items are powerful and pretty useful:
- Sleepy Bomb (1 Frog Coin): Puts all enemies to sleep.
- Bracer (2 Frog Coins): Raises ally’s defense in battles.
- Energizer (2 Frog Coins): Raises ally’s attack power in battle.
- Party Bracer (5 Frog Coins): Raises party’s defense in battle.
- Party Energizer (5 Frog Coins): Raises party’s attack power in battle.
Seaside Town Frog Coin shop
Head upstairs in the Seaside Town elder’s house (in the back left of the town) to see a frog sitting at the table. They’ll sell you more items.
This frog sells two special items to use in battles, as well as accessories:
- See Ya! (10 Frog Coins): Allows you to run from battles without failing.
- Earlier Times (15 Frog Coins): Allows you to start a battle over.
- Exp. Booster (22 Frog Coins): Doubles Exp. when equipped.
- Coin Trick (36 Frog Coins): Doubles the coins you win in battle.
- Flower Ring (50 Frog Coins): Cuts FP use in half during battle.