In this Hitman 3 guide, we’ll walk you through every Mission Story in Dartmoor during the “Death in the Family” Mission, including “A Day To Remember,” “Her Final Resting Place,” and “Means, Motive and Opportunity.” Below, we’ve got maps showing where to start, important items to find, where every clue is, and every location you’ll need to visit.
Table of contents
A Day To Remember
Take the role of the photographer
So, Madam Carlisle wants a picture taken. If you were to assist with the missing fuse, I’m sure it would be one for the ages.
Hitman 3’s “A Day To Remember” Mission Story requires Agent 47 to take the role of the photographer Madam Carlisle has hired to document her (own) funeral.
We’re going to do a little work before picking up this Mission Story — it’ll go smoother this way. From the Main Gate entrance, duck into the bushes along the right side of the road, and sneak up toward the main house of Thornbridge Manor.
Just across the stream and the three large rocks, hang a right. You’ll spot a couple gardeners gossiping about the Carlisles. Grab the guy — we like the fiber wire for this — and drag him back into the bushes. If you’re quick and quiet, you won’t be noticed.
Put on the gardener disguise, and head for the house. Look for an open window on the right side — there are two, and either works — and climb inside. You’re trespassing now, so crouch and keep moving west. Your goal is the closet in hall outside of the Dining Room (in the northwest corner of Level 0).
In that closet, grab the fuse cell and a screwdriver from the shelves. Back in the hallway, take a left, and exit through the door. There is staff out there, but you’re no longer trespassing, so you’re safe.
Follow the house around to the left until you reach the Garden. Between the Garden and the manor, you’ll spot a housekeeper and the photographer setting up for a portrait. Listen to them to start the “A Day To Remember” Mission Story.
Disguise yourself as the Photographer
Head over to the west of the fountain where you’ll spot the fuse box and a mansion guard. Take out the guard, and drag him a little west. Stash him in the crate, and then wait for the photographer to come check out the fuse box.
You can wait in the open, but make sure you grab the guard’s gun from the ground. Subdue the photographer when he comes over, put on the photographer disguise, and stash him in the same crate.
Power up the camera flashes
Head to the fuse box, and insert the fuse cell (that you got from the closet near the dining room).
Before you go back to the camera, head to the back (west) of the fountain to find a wrench — we’ll need it in a second.
Take a photo of the staff member with the photographer’s camera
Go back to the east end of the fountain, and use the camera to snap a picture of the housekeeper.
When she steps away to call the family down, you’ll complete the “A Day To Remember” Mission Story.
If you stick around to take the family portrait (it takes a while for everyone to gather), you’ll be able to eliminate Alexa Carlisle here as well.
As soon as the housekeeper steps away, head just around the left (south) side of the fountain. There’s a valve there where you can create a water leak. Just under the chair she was sitting in (and where Alexa will sit), use the screwdriver to expose a wire in the power strip.
Wait for the family to finish bickering, snap the photo, and you’ll take out your target. You’ll still need to get the Case File, though.
Her Final Resting Place
Present the funeral arrangements to Alexa Carlisle
Madam Carlisle is still going ahead witth her staged funeral tomorrow, and she wants to inspect the arrangements. How about it, 47? You feel up to giving her the grand tour of her final resting place?
Hitman 3’s “Her Final Resting Place” Mission Story requires Agent 47 to take the role of the undertaker Madam Carlisle has hired for her upcoming sham funeral.
Head over to the Graveyard on the south side of the estate. Pick up a gardener disguise somewhere along the way so you can move a little more freely.
Just outside of the Graveyard, you’ll spot a couple staff chatting about the funeral. Listen to them talk to start the “Her Final Resting Place” Mission Story.
Get rid of the birds nesting in the graveyard
All you really have to do for this step is shoot three bird nests in the trees on the west side of the Graveyard. There are a lot of staff members nearby, though, and they don’t like guns.
Let’s get them all taken care of before we deal with the crows.
- Approaching the graveyard, head around to the right (west) side outside the wall. Just around the corner, there’s a generator near some bushes. Turn it off, and wait for the gardener to come check it out. Subdue her, and stash her in the bushes.
- Continue south along the outside of the graveyard, and subdue the other gardener near the wall.
- About this time, the undertaker should investigate the generator. Subdue him and put on the undertaker disguise. Pick up the Hearse Key to unlock a new escape route.
- Take out the gardener near the stream to the west of the graveyard.
- Find the patrolling mansion guard and subdue him. Pick up his gun. There are a couple crates nearby where you can dump his body.
- Take out the gardener throwing rocks at the bird nests in the south of the Graveyard. There’s a woodchipper there to dump his body in.
- The final two gardeners are working on a lawnmower on the east side. Inside the ruined chapel, find the transistor radio and turn it on. One of the gardeners will come investigate. Subdue him and hide the body.
- Take out the other gardener next to the lawnmower.
Once they’re all handled, go shoot the three bird nests. If you have a silenced pistol, this won’t raise any alarms. If you use the mansion guard’s gun, people will get upset, but they’ll get over it quickly.
Inform the staff member that you are ready for Alexa Carlisle
Head back to the graveyard entrance, and inform the staff that you’re ready for Alexa Carlisle. This will complete the “Her Final Resting Place” Mission Story.
If you hang around, Alexa Carlisle and a Bodyguard will come check out the funeral setup. That’ll give you a good chance to take her out. If you toss her body in the grave, you’ll get the Grave Mistake Assassination Challenge.
Means, Motive and Opportunity
Solve the mystery at Thornbridge Manor
A famous Private Investigator summoned by Alexa Carlisle has arrived at Thornbridge Manor. If you take his place, it may be an opportunity to get close to Madam Carlisle …
Hitman 3’s “Means, Motive and Opportunity” Mission Story requires Agent 47 to take the role of the private investigator Madam Carlisle has hired to investigate the death of Zachary Carlisle.
From the Main Gate entrance, duck into the bushes on the right. Make your way up toward the gate, and listen to Phineas Witmer as he greets the guards to start “Means, Motive and Opportunity.”
Jump the low wall, and stick to the bushes along the right of the path as you follow Witmer to the front door of Thornbridge Manor.
Dodge the guards, and climb through the window to the right of the front door. You’ll be in a hallway, but no one will bother you there.
Wait for the detective to make his way inside. He’ll walk over to this hall and pass directly in front of you. Grab him, subdue him, and stuff him in the wardrobe along the right side.
Follow Mr. Fernsby
Put on the private investigator disguise, head back to the foyer, and wait for Alexa Carlisle to arrive in a few seconds. Speak to her, and then follow Mr. Fernsby to the crime scene.
Investigate Zachary’s bedroom
Head into Zachary’s Room to search for clues. All six clues are:
- Along the right, pick up Zachary’s Suicide Note from the table in front of the fireplace.
- Continue along to investigate Zachary’s laptop in the northwest corner.
- In the center of the room, use your camera to scan Zachary’s body.
- Scan the whisky on his bedside table.
- In the southeast corner, use Instinct to find a highlighted book. Pull it to open a hidden door into a secret room.
- Inside, pick up the mansion floor plan from in front of the one-way glass.
Ask Mr. Fernsby for more information
Head back to Mr. Fernsby in the Foyer. Ask him for more information. He’ll hand you a list of suspects. You’ll get a new objective to question suspects and search locations of interest. In your Intel menu, you’ll find the people and locations we’ll need to check out. We’ll start with locations.
Emma and Gregory’s room
Emma and Gregory’s room is in the southwest of Level 1. The door in is locked, though, so head into the bathroom right next door. Climb out through the window, and shimmy along the ledge to the right until you reach the balcony attached to their room.
There are four clues to find here:
- The letter from Emma’s mother is on the bedside table.
- The walking cane is leaning against the fireplace on the other side of the room.
- The greenhouse key chain is under some luggage near the fireplace.
- Use your camera to scan the shoes and footprints in the northwest corner.
You’ll drop the walking cane any time you do anything else, but keep it with you. We’ll need it in a minute.
With the cane in hand, head out the door and down the hall to the right. Continue past the bodyguard and housekeeper flirting in the hall, and then make a sharp left. Use Instinct to find a switch in the floor. Use the walking cane from Emma and Gregory’s Room to open a new secret room.
Inside, pick up Montgomery’s long lost letter.
Before you continue over to Rebecca’s Room in the northeast corner of Level 1, head to the door to the small office along the north side first (Rebecca’s door is locked.) You’ll be trespassing here, so use Instinct to see when it’s safe to go in.
Use the walking cane to subdue the lawyer and bodyguard inside, and stuff them into the chest in the office. Retrieve the walking cane, and investigate the lawyer’s laptop.
Be careful how long you spend here, though, because Alexa Carlisle and a bodyguard will show up at some point.
Along the east wall, look for another book to pull that opens another hidden door into another secret room. Pass through that secret room and into Rebecca’s room.
There are only two clues to find in Rebecca’s Room:
- In the center of the room, investigate Rebecca’s laptop.
- Use your camera to scan the notebook in front of the fireplace.
Head all the way to the west of the grounds to the greenhouse. Continue around to the back to find a couple groundskeepers talking. Pick up the crowbar near them.
Take the crowbar back to the front door (the workers will hear you if you break in through the back). Wait for the guard to wander off, and break in.
There are two clues to find inside:
- Take a right, and you’ll spot the lab equipment.
- Use your camera to scan the poison dosage table.
(There’s a wrench out on the fountain in the center of the garden that lets your repair the distillation kit. When it’s fixed, grab the poisonous flowers nearby to produce poison, and pick up your lethal poison vial. You won’t need that for this Mission Story, but it’s good to have options.)
You’ll also find the boat key inside that unlocks one of your exits.
Mr. Fernsby’s Office
From the greenhouse, head back through the garden toward Thornbridge Manor. On your way in, head up the stairs on the right (south) side toward the sitting room. On the landing, use your camera to scan the footprints (which match the ones from Emma and Gregory’s room).
Inside the sitting room, cut to the north side and scan the portrait of Montgomery Carlisle. We’re going to skip the rest of the sitting room for now, though.
Continue through the house to the northeast corner to find Mr. Fernsby’s office. The door is locked, but you can pry it open with your crowbar (from the greenhouse) without getting caught.
There are three clues inside:
- Mr. Fernsby’s list is on his desk.
- Zachary’s half-burnt diary is in the fireplace.
- Across the room, grab the lethal poison pill jar from the windowsill.
(Grab the mansion master key while you’re in here. You won’t need it, but it’s good to have. And now you know where to find it next time.)
We’re going to do a sweep of Level 0 to question all the suspects. We’ll include the rooms where you can find them.
- Back in the sitting room, ask Gregory Carlisle for his alibi.
- Also in the sitting room, ask Emma Carlisle for her alibi. At this point, you’ll discover she’s probably the murderer. Ask her about Zachary and any suspicious behavior as well.
- Head south to the trophy room. Ask Rebecca Carlisle for her alibi, about Zachary, and any suspicious activity.
- In the trophy room, use your camera to scan the paperwork on the table.
- From the trophy room, head east to the library. Ask Patrick Carlisle for his alibi, about Zachary, and any suspicious activity.
- Head north to the staff room and ask Rosie (the housekeeper Patrick was out with) about Patrick and about suspicious activity. (She’ll also implicate Emma.)
- Head for the dining room in the northwest corner of Level 0. Ask Professor Edward Carlisle about his alibi, about Zachary, and any suspicious activity.
- Use your camera to scan the speech on the dining room table.
Report to Mr. Fernsby
Head back to the Foyer when you’re done questioning the suspects. Talk to Mr. Fernsby to conclude the investigation.
Follow him up to Alexa Carlisle’s office. Sit when she offers, and make your accusation. This will complete “Means, Motive and Opportunity.” (Using this guide will also complete the House Cleaning Discovery Challenge.)
After your conversation, you can ask Alexa for the Case File as your reward.
When she heads out onto the balcony for privacy, follow her out. Give her a shove and quickly make your way out.