The Atlas’s Burden Vault of Tartaros is in the Valley of Eternal Spring. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Atlas’s Burden Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Atlas’s Burden vault is easy to reach from the Hall of the Gods: Head nearly due west, but veer slightly north as you approach the inlet located to the south of the Goddess of Love statue. You will find some monsters near a ring of boulders. Defeat them and drop through the rift.
How to clear the Atlas’s Burden Vault of Tartaros
This vault requires you to move multiple boulders along a series of platforms, regularly alternating between them along the way. To simplify matters, we will refer to the boulders as boulder #1, boulder #2, and boulder #3.
- Walk forward to find two pedestals.
- Activate the pedestal on the right to produce boulder #1, which floats in gusts of air blowing from a vent tile. It is easy to identify later because it is textured like wood.
- Use your Herakles’s Strength ability to pull boulder #1 free from the column of air. Once you free it, press against it and guide it manually to the nearby basin on a low ledge. This causes some nearby platforms to start slowly pumping up and down.
- Return to the two pedestals and activate the one that was on your left as you first approached them after entering the vault (as you approach now, it should be on your right). This makes boulder #2 appear.
- Guide boulder #2 along the pumping platforms and up a ramp to settle in a higher basin. Air starts blowing from a vent tile not far from boulder #1.
- Guide boulder #1 over the vent tile so it floats to the higher platform, and then move it around to the basin. A higher series of platforms starts pumping near boulder #2.
- Push boulder #2 out of the basin. Follow the ledge onto the pumping platforms.
- Direct boulder #2 up a ramp from there, and then let it settle into the basin. Gusts of air start blowing from vents near boulder #1.
- Return to boulder #1. Remove it from the basin. Position yourself so boulder #1 rests near the top of the ramp that descends toward one horizontal and two vertical vents you just activated using boulder #2.
- Let boulder #1 start rolling down the ramp. As it does, quickly jump over boulder #1 and glide over to the vertical gusts of air before it reaches the end its ride. Fly upward to the overhead ledge ahead of boulder #1 and stand near the basin.
- If you make it to the top of the platform before boulder #1, you should be able to use Herakles’s Strength to grab it midair as it floats above you. Grab it while it’s floating, and place it on the basin. If you don’t grab it in time or it falls off the edge, you’ll have to reset boulder #1 and boulder #2 and try again.
- When boulder #1 is in the basin, all the previous platforms related to boulder #2 will start pumping.
- Return to boulder #2. Remove it from the basin and use the nearby pumping platforms to reach a higher ledge and a new basin. This is the last time you should move boulder #2. Setting it in the basin produces boulder #3, just across the short wall.
- Roll boulder #3 up the nearby ramp and let it settle in the basin. At the base of a slope ahead, you should see air start rushing out of a couple of vent tiles.
- Return to boulder #1. Send it down the ramp near boulder #3. It should launch over a short brick wall at the ramp’s base.
- Push boulder #1 so it descends along a second ramp and passes over the recently activated vent tiles. The gusts carry it to a high ledge and a new basin. This causes more platforms to start pumping.
- Return to boulder #3 and direct it along the two sets of pumping platforms to higher ground and a basin overlooking a platform with two crystals.
The Epic Chest
- Find boulder #1. Push it forward so it rides a gust of wind to the large raised area. Continue pushing it past the two basins and the higher ledge where boulder #3 rests.
- Keep rolling boulder #1, along the pumping platforms and to the right.
- Direct boulder #1 over the rising gusts of air from the vent tiles and let it settle into the basin on the far side. New platforms rise into place.
- Ride the gusts of air that rise from the new platforms to reach a high ledge.
- Open the Epic Chest that rests on that platform. It holds the Envy of the One-Eyed Giant visual.
- Bring boulder #1 back to the area where boulder #3 is.
- Place both boulders on the basins near the two crystals.
- Several pillars will shoot gusts of wind letting you float to a higher platform.
- Grab Zeus’s Lightning from the chest and exit the vault.