The Medusa’s Lair Vault of Tartaros is in the Valley of Eternal Spring. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Medusa’s Lair Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Medusa’s Lair vault is easy to reach from the Hall of the Gods: Head southwest approximately 1,000 meters to reach the large, butterfly-shaped island south of the Goddess of Love statue. Look for a temple along a canyon wall. To the right of the temple entrance is an opening. Enter it to find the rift that leads to the vault.
How to clear the Medusa’s Lair Vault of Tartaros
Bring plenty of potions with you to restore your life, in case you fall into pits or meet other misadventure. There are no enemies in this vault, however.
- Walk forward to a pedestal and activate it. This produces gusts of wind ahead of you.
- Jump forward, and glide across the wide gap. Use the air from the vent tiles to gain elevation.
- After riding gusts from several vent tiles, you reach a ledge. Land on it to restore your dwindling stamina.
- Jump forward again and glide some more. You should veer left after passing through an opening and glide past some ledges lined with spike traps.
- Continue past the spike traps and ride more wind gusts to a high ledge and a checkpoint.
- Proceed to the next pedestal, and activate it to produce more wind gusts from the nearby vent tile.
- Let that first gust carry you as high as possible, and then glide forward and catch gusts from another vent tile positioned ahead of a wall of lasers. The lasers inflict severe damage.
- Let the wind gust carry you over the high wall of lasers, then ride a second wind gust to reach a platform and restore your stamina.
- Look to the right to see another wall of lasers.
- Jump forward and glide toward the nearest wall of lasers, catching a wind gust to sail over it. Hold slightly left as do to catch another wind gust.
- Immediately after catching that gust, veer sharply right and pass through the pillars so you catch the next wind gust. It carries you over another wall of lasers.
- Glide forward to another wind gust and let it carry you up to another checkpoint.
The Epic Chest
- Pass through the opening to find and activate a pedestal.
- Travel left from the pedestal to a vent tile with rising wind gusts. Jump over the air with wings spread to ascend to a high, square platform along the nearby wall.
- Fire a guided arrow at the target sign on a stone column ahead of you. For a limited time, this produces several columns of air.
- Glide quickly along the wind gusts to reach the far ledge.
- Enter the room and open the Epic Chest to obtain the Bristled Summer Pelt visual. If the timer expires after you arrive on the platform but before you enter the room, you can fire another guided arrow to hit the same target and start a new timer.
- Return to the pedestal you activated a moment ago. Look ahead through a hole in the wall to see a wind gust.
- Glide forward using several more wind gusts and approach another hole in a wall with a wall of lasers blocking most of it.
- Drop your wings so you fall low enough to pass beneath the top of the opening, and then open them again to sail through the gap while passing over the wall of lasers.
- Let the next gust carry you up to a platform and checkpoint.
- Glide forward across the next gap, which includes another wall of lasers. You need enough elevation to pass over the lower portion, but not so much that you hit the upper ones.
- Continue gliding forward along several more wind gusts.
- Gain as much elevation as possible from each subsequent wind gust to reach the high platform on the far side of the gap.
- Cross the platform and obtain Zeus’s Lightning.