The Kalliope’s Distress Vault of Tartaros is in the Valley of Eternal Spring, northeast of the Hall of the Gods. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Kalliope’s Distress Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Kalliope’s Distress vault is easy to reach from the Hall of the Gods: Head north while veering slightly east around 500 meters. Descend into the canyon, and find a temple built into the wall, with grating that lets you see through to the rift.
Head around the side of the grating to find an opening on a high ledge that leads into a foyer area where you must solve a series of simple puzzles to remove a barrier and finally access the rift. We’ll explain those puzzles in the next section below.
How to enter the Kalliope’s Distress Vault of Tartaros
In this area, you must activate three crystals to remove the translucent red barrier.
- From the area entrance, head forward to find a translucent red barrier. Climb to the overhead platform.
- Stand on the circular pressure plate with the helmet icon and look directly across from you to a jagged hole in the wall.
- Fire an arrow through the torch on your right and direct it toward the hole in the wall near the middle of the gash.
- As the arrow passes through the opening, veer sharply left and up so the flaming arrow ignites a torch. This causes a decorative vent tile near the area entrance to start blowing a column of air.
- Head back to the vent tile and open your wings over it to ride the air up to a high platform.
- Activate the panel.
- From the entrance, head forward and toward the left to find a translucent red barrier on the floor level.
- Break the weak wall located to the left of the barrier and enter that chamber. To the right, through a grating, there is a pressure plate switch with a block resting on it.
- Use your Herakles’s Strength ability to pull the block away from the pressure plate switch and remove the translucent red barrier.
- Circle around, enter the room, and activate the panel.
- From the area entrance, head forward toward the door where you eliminated the translucent red barrier. Look to the right to see a hole in the floor.
- Drop through the hole in the floor, and walk along the ledge to find an overhang with a pedestal on a small ledge below you.
- Drop down to that ledge, and activate the pedestal.
Once you have activated all three crystals and removed the barrier, you can pass through the opening and enter the rift to access the vault.
How to clear the Kalliope’s Distress Vault of Tartaros
To clear this vault, you must step on certain plate switches to solve a series of puzzles.
- Walk forward until you reach a low wall. Beyond it, a statue on the wall breathes fire across a 3-by-3 grid of pressure plate switches.
- Look to the wall above the statue. It features a puzzle solution: a 3-by-3 grid of openings with blocks positioned in them. The gold-colored blocks indicate the order in which you should activate the switches.
- Face the statue and in the left column, walk across the closest two pressure plate switches.
- Double jump over the middle column of plate switches to land on the middle pressure plate switch in the far right column.
- Head left to step on one more plate switch the corner, which activates a crystal on a nearby platform and causes the dragon statue to stop breathing fire.
- Head past the crystal and use the gusting vent tiles to cross the gap and reach a checkpoint.
- Advance from the checkpoint and note the puzzle solution on the wall ahead of you. It shows a 4x4 grid that corresponds to the 4-by-4 grid of pressure plate switches.
- Start forward, using the dragon statue on the wall to your right as a point of orientation. Step on the first two pressure plate switches and the fourth pressure plate switch in the right column.
- While standing on that plate switch, turn left 90 degrees and step on the next two pressure plate switches.
- Turn left 90 degrees again, so you face a row of four pressure plate switches. Wait for flames to pass, and then step on the right two pressure plate switches to complete the puzzle and activate a crystal.
- Proceed past the crystal. Let wind gusts carry you across a gap to a new series of platforms and look right to see a new puzzle solution.
- Continue along the platforms to activate another checkpoint.
- Cross more ledges to arrive at a 5-by-5 grid of plate switches. This time, there are three dragon statues on the walls.
- Starting with the first column along the left, step on the first three pressure plate switches, then jump across the fourth one and step on the fifth pressure plate switch.
- Turn 90 degrees to the right, so that you are standing on a plate switch and there are four of them ahead of you. Step on the next pressure plate switch, then hop over the next plate switch and land on the pressure plate switch after that.
- Again, turn 90 degrees to the right. Step forward onto the next pressure plate switch in that direction, and then double jump over the next plate switch so you land on the pressure plate switch after that.
- Turn left 90 degrees this time, and step onto the next pressure plate switch, which completes the puzzle and activates another crystal.
Epic chest puzzle
- Head toward the crystal you just activated, but turn left just ahead of it and hop over to a ledge.
- Make your way across two more ledges to reach a small platform with a lever you can activate to reveal a puzzle solution on the wall you just passed. It appears for a limited time only.
- Cross to the 3-by-4 grid of pressure plate switches on the previous platform and step on the first two pressure plate switches in the middle column, then hop to the fourth grid.
- Turn right 90 degrees and step on the next pressure plate switch, which is positioned along the grid’s corner.
- Turn right 90 degrees and step on the next pressure plate switch.
- Again, turn right 90 degrees. Hop over the next pressure plate switch, and land on the pressure plate switch after that.
- Enter the room that just opened to collect the Epic Chest and obtain the Nocturnal Helm of the Vulture visual.
- Head back the way you came and return to the platform with the crystal you activated by clearing the third puzzle.
- Cross the gap by gliding along the wind gusts.
- Open the chest to obtain a Tear of Aphrodite.
- Cross another gap and climb the stairs to collect Zeus’s Lightning and exit the vault.