The Mastering Phosphor’s Clone Vault of Tartaros is in the extreme west of the Valley of Eternal Spring. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Mastering Phosphor’s Clone Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Mastering Phosphor’s Clone vault is easy to reach from the The Goddess of Love statue: Head west toward the Palace of Aphrodite area until you reach the far west side of the island.
You’ll find a small structure where the vault is located, which requires you to solve a puzzle with the Phosphor’s Clone Godly Power. If you don’t have it, the game let you know.
To get the Phosphor’s Clone ability, first beat the “Bolt From the Blue” story mission, and then go to the River Styx Cistern at the Hall of the Gods, where you can buy the ability with Coins of Charon.
How to enter the Mastering Phosphor’s Clone Vault of Tartaros
- Look for two pressure plate switches on a rocky outcropping near the grated gate through which you can see the rift.
- Use the Phosphor’s Clone ability to produce a clone statue, and set it on the pressure plate switch furthest from the grated gate.
- Stand on the other pressure plate switch, and face the grate to open it.
- Target the stone block with your Herakles’s Strength ability to pull it to you, and set it on the pressure plate switch to hold open the grated gate.
- Head through the opened gate and enter the rift.
How to clear the Mastering Phosphor’s Clone Vault of Tartaros
- Jump forward to a central ledge with platforms and pressure plate switches extending in three directions.
- Head left first, to the ledge with one pressure plate switch positioned near the closest edge, and use the Phosphor’s Clone ability to place a clone statue.
- Proceed to a lowered stone column ahead, and jump onto it.
- Place a clone statue on the lowered stone column, which will cause it to rise. Note that when you produce a clone statue, any previous statue you created vanishes. You can only have one clone at a time.
- Activate the pedestal on the platform to produce a wooden crate.
- Set the wooden crate on the platform with the clone statue.
- Return to the pressure plate switch and place a new clone statue on it.
- Approach the wooden crate that is resting on the ledge you just lowered, and use your ability to pull it toward you.
- Carry the wooden crate to the central ledge, and continue across the narrow walkway to the ledge with two pressure plate switches and a doorway covered by a translucent red barrier.
- Set the wooden crate on one pressure plate switch, and place a clone statue on the other pressure plate switch to remove the translucent red barrier.
- Enter the opening and activate a pedestal to produce a boulder.
- Roll the boulder back the way you came and along two narrow ledges.
- Deposit the boulder in a basin on that platform to activate a crystal switch.
- Climb the stairs and cross the gap by gliding across wind gusts.
- Activate the checkpoint.
- On the next platform, activate a pedestal to make a small metal block appear on the pressure plate switch. When the block lands on the switch, a translucent door across from you will open.
- Remove the metal block from the switch, and replace it with a clone.
- Throw the metal block through the doorway, making sure it hits the low wall on the other side.
- Jump through the doorway, and place a clone on the pressure plate switch here.
- Since the plate here needs more weight, place the metal block you tossed over onto it as well. Doing so will lower a platform that you can use to get to the next area.
- Jump on the lowered platform, and then place a clone on this platform. This will remove the clone on the switch, causing the platform to rise to the next area.
- Activate the pedestal to produce a boulder on the next ledge, which you can push up a ramp to the left that faces a wide gap. Leave it there for now.
- Cross over to the central ledge to your right, where you will see two pressure plate switches near the edge of a ledge. You will interact with these switches extensively.
- Jump to the next platform and set a clone statue on the pressure plate switch to remove a translucent red barrier from the doorway.
- Pass through that doorway, and use the pedestal to produce a small stone block.
- Carry the stone block back to the central ledge and proceed left to a couple adjacent pressure plate switches.
- Set the block on one pressure plate switch and a clone statue on the other, and then proceed to the stone column that descends.
- Create a clone statue on the stone column to ascend to a ledge and activate a pedestal, which produces a small metal block.
- Hop onto the stone column and set the metal block on the platform before descending to the lower ledge.
- Return to the two nearby pressure plate switches and produce a clone statue on the one that is bare to lower the stone column behind you.
- Use your ability to grab the metal block and carry it over to the central ledge. Do the same with the stone block.
- On the central ledge, set the stone block on the left pressure plate switch.
- Ascend the platforms directly ahead to reach a high ledge with a pressure plate switch, and bring the metal block with you using Herakles’s Strength to set it on the pressure plate switch.
- Descend to the central ledge and push the boulder along the platforms you have moved into place. Stop just ahead of one remaining gap.
- Return to the central ledge, and move the stone block from the left pressure plate switch to the right pressure plate switch, which moves a platform to properly bridge the gap between the boulder and a ledge with a crystal.
- Do not proceed with the obvious next step here if you want the Epic Chest.
The Epic Chest and Zeus’s Lightning
- Head over to the boulder and push it onto the platform you just moved into place, but don’t push it all the way to the ledge with the crystal just yet.
- Cross to the central ledge again and lift the stone block from the pressure plate switch, causing the platform to move back over with the boulder resting on it.
- Push the boulder over to the ledge with the pressure plate switch, ahead of the door with the translucent red barrier. Also bring the stone block and set it on the pressure plate switch.
- Carefully push the boulder along the narrow ledge and through the open doorway.
- Push the boulder off the left corner, where there is no green barrier. It falls to the ledge below and settles in a basin.
- Collect the Shade of Tartaros Helm from the Epic Chest in the chamber, and then push the boulder off the edge of the ledge.
- From the Epic Chest, climb ledges to return in the direction from which you came, and arrive again at the central ledge.
- Bring the stone block over to the central ledge, and set it on the left pressure plate switch again.
- The boulder should be back to its starting position. Roll the boulder along the platforms until it arrives near the gap.
- Return to the central ledge, and move the stone block to the right pressure plate switch one final time.
- Cross the gap to the boulder, and roll it along the ledge so it rests in the basin and activates the crystal, which produces air gusts.
- Ride the air gusts up to the ledge, and open the chest to the left for two Coins of Charon before grabbing Zeus’s Lightning to exit the vault.