The Avoiding Medusa’s Gaze Vault of Tartaros is in the War’s Den region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chests, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Avoiding Medusa’s Gaze Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Avoiding Medusa’s Gaze vault is easy to reach from the God of War statue: Head southeast along the coastline heading toward the tip of land. The rift will be located on a cliff overlooking the water. Defeat the enemies protecting it before dropping through the glowing opening to access the vault.
How to clear the Avoiding Medusa’s Gaze Vault of Tartaros
Make sure you have mastered the Phosphor’s Clone and Ares’s Wrath abilities before you tackle this vault, so you can open the Epic Chest.
- Head forward to the pedestal and activate it to produce a wooden crate.
- Push the crate below three stationary laser beams extended across the walkway.
- Carry the crate over your head and jump the moving laser beam to safely reach the end of the platform.
- Set the crate down so it is protected by the wall to the right.
- Hop across the gap and use your Herakles’s Strength ability to drag the crate across the gap to you.
- Set the crate down on the walkway ahead of four more laser beams. Note that the nearest one rises and lowers.
- Jump over the laser beams.
- Turn and face the crate. Target it with your Herakles’s Strength ability and pull it toward you only as the laser beam nearest the crate reaches its lowest point.
- Set the crate on the plate switch to activate the nearby crystal switch and make stone columns rise.
- Cross the stone columns to reach a checkpoint on the other side of the gap.
- Activate the nearby pedestal to make a wooden crate appear at the base of a short wall in the corridor ahead of you. Note the laser beam sweeping back and forth.
- As the laser beam sweeps left, grab and carry the crate to the next low wall along the corridor’s right side.
- Carry the crate to the nearby shallow pit the next time the laser beam sweeps left, and set it in the opening.
- At the next opportunity, just after the laser beam sweeps back to the right over your head, grab the crate and carry it to the low wall near the passageway’s left side.
- Cross the gap and use your ability to pull the crate your way from behind the wall where it rests. Be prepared to tug it slightly left, or it may not be able to clear the short barrier in time to avoid the laser beam.
- Repeat the process outlined above to bring the crate along another short passageway while avoiding the sweeping laser beams, and set it on the plate switch when you reach the far side.
- Ascend the stone columns to reach a checkpoint on the higher ledge.
- Activate the pedestal to produce another wooden crate.
- Set the crate near the base of the ruined wall ahead and to the left, near the end of the walkway. There are laser beams here, so be careful.
- Jump across the gap and drag the crate to you with your Herakles’s Strength ability when the laser beams are not a threat.
- Use the low walls as protection to advance to the far side of the platform with the crate while avoiding laser beams.
- Set the crate on the plate switch to make stone columns rise to your left so you can cross the gap. Head up.
A detour for the Epic Chest
- From your higher vantage point, turn around toward the Epic Chest. You’ll notice a metal box on top of a structure.
- Using a mixture of a double jump, glide boosting, and Ares’s Wrath, get on top of the building to where the metal box is.
- Grab the box and jump down. Place the metal box on the plate switch.
- Then produce a Phosphor’s Clone to fully weigh down the switch to unlock the chest.
- Hop across the ledge and open the Epic Chest to obtain the Armor of the Unknown Visitor.
To the exit and Zeus’s Lightning
- Head back up the columns and activate the pedestal to produce a wooden box.
- As necessary to advance, set the crate behind low walls to shelter it from a roaming laser beam wall.
- Use your Herakles’s Strength ability to drag the crate along behind you once the laser beams pass.
- Set the crate on a plate switch.
- Ascend to the right along stone columns that rise from the abyss.
- Claim Zeus’s Lightning and exit the vault.