The Apollo’s Sorrow Vault of Tartaros is in the War’s Den region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Apollo’s Sorrow Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Apollo’s Sorrow vault is easy to reach from the God of War statue: Head not quite due south toward the southernmost coast and find the rift on a hillside near the southern edge of the large fortress structure overlooking the sea (the rift is not easily reached unless you advance the main plot and remove the stamina-draining barrier from the referenced structure). When you reach the rift, drop through it to access the vault.
How to clear the Apollo’s Sorrow Vault of Tartaros
- Walk forward to activate the checkpoint.
- Proceed through the open gate to the right and activate the pedestal to produce a wooden boulder.
- Roll the boulder back out through the door and veer sharply right to find a basin in that direction where you should deposit the boulder.
- Activate the pedestal located just beyond that basin to produce a second wooden boulder.
- Push the boulder toward the left, and set it within the left basin immediately visible in that direction (the one furthest from the vent). The nearby gate opens.
- Step through the gate and activate the pedestal to produce a steel boulder.
- Push the boulder through the open gate and veer right to direct it to a basin that rests not far from a vent along the wall. This opens the nearby gate.
- Pass through the gate to find a new pedestal and activate it to produce a second steel boulder.
- Push the boulder through the gate and to the far side of the wide open area, so it comes to rest in the basin located just to the right of a crystal switch and activates it.
- Return to the first steel boulder, which currently rests in a basin in front of a vent. Push it over to the basin in front of the vent to the left of the vault’s other crystal switch. With two steel boulders now placed in adjacent basins, the platform begins slowly rising and falling.
A detour for the Epic Chest
- Push one of the wooden boulders out of a basin and toward the side of the area that was on your right as you first entered, toward a gap in the wall.
- Follow the boulder through the gap as it falls to a lower ledge.
- Push the boulder along that ledge and across a series of air gusts.
- Settle the boulder in a basin on the far side of that platform to eliminate a translucent red barrier in a doorway to the right.
- Head through the opening to find an Epic Chest containing the Guise of the Unknown Visitor.
Onto the exit and Zeus’s Lightning
- Return to the pedestal located near the opening you dropped through to take your detour and activate it again to produce a replacement wooden boulder.
- If necessary, return the two steel boulders to the two basins adjacent to the purple crystal switches, so the platform between them begins moving up and down again.
- Push the wooden boulder onto the moving platform and let the platform carry the boulder to high ground, where you should push it into a basin to the side of a checkpoint.
- Backtrack to the first pedestal you activated in the vault and activate it again to produce another wooden boulder, which you should place within the remaining basin near the checkpoint to produce air gusts nearby.
- Ride the air gusts to an upper ledge, where you can acquire Zeus’s Lightning and exit the vault.