The Mastering Ares’s Wrath Vault of Tartaros is in the War’s Den region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chests, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Mastering Ares’s Wrath Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Mastering Ares’s Wrath vault is easy to reach from the God of War statue: Head due east to the far eastern side of the large island in that direction. Descend along the trail that wraps around the cliff below the fortress and defeat the monsters along the way.
Glide over to the temple built into the face of the cliff and enter the opening at the lower level. Use the Ares’s Wrath ability to gain altitude to climb through holes in the ceiling and arrive at the rift you can enter to access the vault.
How to clear the Mastering Ares’s Wrath Vault of Tartaros
In addition to the Ares’s Wrath ability, it helps to have the Aphrodite’s Embrace blessing and the Laser Immunity enhancement to your Athena’s Dash Godly Power. Otherwise, you may be unable to open both Epic Chests while clearing the vault.
- Cross the gap and proceed to the base of a high wall, then double jump and use the Ares’s Wrath ability twice in succession to gain enough altitude to climb to higher ground.
- Head right and jump over some spike plates at the base of another wall, then use Ares’s Wrath again to reach the next ledge.
- Jump over some more spike plates and proceed toward a ledge where a stone head periodically crashes down from an overhead portal. If one of these heads hits you as you proceed through the level’s remainder, the blow is fatal.
- On the next ledge, let two stone heads crash down on either side of a spike plate, then rush past them as they withdraw.
- At the base of the wall, use Ares’s Wrath to reach the higher ledge and a checkpoint.
- From the ledge, jump forward into the wide gap and glide toward the grating that stretches between two columns.
- Descend to pass beneath the grating, then as you glide forward from there, use Ares’s Wrath to gain enough elevation to reach the next ledge.
- Using Ares’s Wrath, ascend along two ledges leading to the left but watch for the stone head at the halfway point. Shortly before it descends, a circular shadow appears on the walkway to give you warning it is coming.
- Use Ares’s Wrath to climb to a higher walkway, with walls to either side. Note that a stone head periodically appears here and bursts forward, rather than descending from an overhead portal. It has only limited reach.
- After the stone head recedes, use Ares’s Wrath to ascend the right wall to a higher ledge.
- Proceed along the walkway to find a field of spike plates and a higher ledge to the left.
- Jump toward the ledge and use Ares’s Wrath to gain elevation, but don’t start forward until the stone head has extended and begins to recede.
- Glide to cross the next wide gap and use Ares’s Wrath as necessary on the far side.
- Cross the next gap in the same way to reach a platform with a field of spike plates, at the base of another high ledge.
- Near the corner where that ledge meets the spike plates, use Ares’s Wrath to ascend to a platform with a wide strip of spike plates.
- Jump toward the far wall as the spikes recede from the spike plates and use Ares’s Wrath to ascend.
- From the edge of that ledge, head forward and start gliding to pass underneath the grating.
- Once you pass under it, use Ares’s Wrath to quickly gain enough height to arrive at the ledge on the other side of the grating.
- Use Ares’s Wrath again to ascend to the next ledge and proceed along it to activate a checkpoint.
- Follow the walkway, which is covered entirely in spike plates.
- At the end of that pathway covered by spike plates, use Ares’s Wrath to ascend the middle point of the high wall, so you reach the overhead ledge positioned safely between the point where two stone heads strike.
- Face back toward the direction from which you just came and jump toward the high ledge, then use Ares’s Wrath to reach it while watching out for the stone head and a spike plate.
- Use Ares’s Wrath to ascend the wall, just to the right of the spike plate, and run along the platform to its end.
- Jump toward the grating while minding the stone column that moves back and forth just behind it.
- Glide to either side of the moving stone column without and use Ares’s Wrath to ascend to the ledge it blocked, but don’t advance just yet because two stone heads crash down along this narrow corridor.
- When the first stone head crashes down and begins to recede, run past it and stop near the green lamp.
- Once the second stone head strikes and begins to recede, run past it also to reach a ledge looking toward an upper area.
- Use Ares’s Wrath to reach the lower of the two platforms, which is covered by spike plates.
- Jump toward the wall and use Ares’s Wrath to reach the next ledge, where you can see two stone heads crashing from above and another stone head between them that emerges from a portal to the left.
- As the closest stone head begins to recede, dash past it and the other two stone heads and run along the walkway to reach a checkpoint.
A detour for an Epic Chest
- Head back along the walkway you just crossed and stop just after passing the stone head nearest the checkpoint.
- When the middle stone head extends from the portal near the wall to your right, double jump onto it. The head doesn’t damage you when you jump on it.
- As the stone head begins to recede, jump toward the nearby wall and use Ares’s Wrath to ascend toward the laser beams at the top.
- At the peak of your jump, use Athena’s Dash, your Godly Ability that you hopefully have upgraded with Laser Immunity enhancement. If you time it right, you will pass through the laser beams without taking damage. If your timing was off, you may grab the ledge and start to climb up, taking damage from the lasers. In this event, keep moving and the Aphrodite’s Embrace ability may save you, giving you just enough time to pass through both sets of laser beams.
- Open the Epic Chest beyond the laser beams to obtain the Despair of Tartaros Plate visual, then pass through the opening to the left and descend to the lower ledge and checkpoint.
Onward to another Epic Chest and Zeus’s Lightning
- From the checkpoint, jump forward into the gap and glide toward the grating. Beyond it, two stone columns move back and forth. Make the jump as they are about to meet.
- Glide forward and under the grating, passing between the two stone columns before using Ares’s Wrath to reach the ledge beyond them.
- Use Ares’s Wrath again to ascend the next wall and reach a platform looking out toward a wide gap with high stone pillars and a larger structure in the distance.
- Jump out and glide forward, veering left around one pillar and then back right toward an air vent with rising air gusts.
- Ride the air gusts to the highest point they will carry you, then continue gliding toward the purple portals along the far wall, from which stone heads periodically emerge.
- Use Ares’s Wrath to ascend several platforms along the wall, keeping the portals and stone heads to either side to avoid taking fatal damage.
- Jump up to the final short wall and head left at the base of the short staircase to find an Epic Chest that contains Ambrosia.
- Climb the stairs and grab Zeus’s Lightning to exit the vault.