The Defying Kronos Vault of Tartaros is in the War’s Den region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Defying Kronos Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Defying Kronos vault is easy to reach from the God of War statue: Head north while veering just slightly east. You will find a rift positioned near some ruins, with a few strong enemies acting as guards. Defeat the enemies and drop through the rift to access the vault.
How to clear the Defying Kronos Vault of Tartaros
Make sure you have learned the Ares’s Wrath ability to make it easier to navigate this stage. You should also have the Heavy Lifting perk for the Herakles’s Strength ability.
If you have Phosphor’s Clone, you can skip an entire puzzle section as well.
- Head forward and keep to the left side of the walkway to reach a lever you should activate, which removes some laser beams to the right for a limited time.
- Run around the bend and activate the pedestal to produce a small wooden crate on the ledge across a small gap.
- Use your ability to pull the crate toward you before the laser beams return.
- Set the crate on a panel switch just to the right to activate a crystal switch.
- Ride the air gusts across the gap to the next ledge.
- Activate the checkpoint, and note that the path from here splits in two directions. You must bring objects from each direction to set on the two panel switches to produce the path leading to the exit.
It doesn’t matter which order you do the two paths below. You can follow our directions for both — or just complete one, then place a Phosphor’s Clone on the other switch to complete this vault.
The right path
- Watch for the dragon heads on the wall to breathe their fireballs, then immediately jump and glide across the gap.
- Head left of the grating and activate the lever to temporarily eliminate some laser beams.
- Circle around and run to the edge of the ledge, then jump and glide over a series of four laser beams across the front side of the ledge ahead of you.
- Check the right side of the ledge to find a lever and pull it to temporarily eliminate the four laser beams you just crossed.
- Return to the area the laser beams formerly occupied and use Herakles’s Strength (with the Heavy Lifting perk) to quickly bring down a metal crate from the high ledge.
- Jump across a wall of lasers to reach the next ledge and activate a checkpoint.
- Use Herakles’s Strength again to drag the metal crate from the previous ledge to your current position.
- Toss the metal crate across the wide gap to the right, so that it lands on a plate switch.
- Ascend the platforms to the high ledge.
- Open the Epic Chest to obtain the Victorious Headdress.
- Activate the lever near the checkpoint to eliminate some laser beams on the other side of the grating.
- Activate the nearby pedestal to produce a stone block on the ledge positioned just beyond the temporarily disabled lasers.
- Set the stone block down and cross to the next ledge, then use your ability to drag the block over with you and set it on the platform.
- Pull the nearby lever to disable the four lasers.
- Quickly bring the stone block to the next ledge, where there is a laser wall directly ahead of you.
- Double jump over the laser wall and head right to the lever, which you should activate to make the laser wall briefly disappear.
- Bring the stone block to the edge of the platform facing the dragon heads and set it down in a safe place.
- Cross the gap in front of the dragon heads when you can avoid their fireballs.
- Use your ability to drag the stone block across the gap immediately after the fireballs pass.
- Set the stone block on the plate switch to activate the nearby crystal switch.
The left path
- Jump and glide across the gap while avoiding fireballs spewed by dragon heads to your right.
- Activate the lever to the left of the grating to temporarily eliminate some laser beams.
- Jump and glide across the gap to reach a checkpoint.
- Head around the grating and pull a lever.
- Activate the nearby pedestal to make a wooden crate appear.
- Pull the wooden crate to you before the laser beams reappear.
- Set the wooden crate near the checkpoint and look ahead, to where two laser beams are moving up and down to block your progress.
- Jump and glide across the gap while avoiding the laser beams.
- Head right around the grating and pull the lever, then quickly use your ability to pull the wooden crate past the disabled laser beams to your position.
- Set the wooden crate on the ledge ahead of the dragon heads, then cross the gap while again avoiding their fireballs.
- Carefully bring the wooden crate over the gap using your ability and set it on the plate switch to activate a crystal switch.
- With objects resting on both plates, head forward along the stone columns that have risen from the abyss.
- Collect Zeus’s Lightning to exit the vault.