The Torment of the Styx Vault of Tartaros is in the War’s Den region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Torment of the Styx Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Torment of the Styx vault is easy to reach from the God of War statue: Head slightly south of due west, toward the westernmost portion of the region, not far from the path where you enter from the Valley of Eternal Spring. On a hillside, you’ll find the rift you can enter to access the vault.
How to clear the Torment of the Styx Vault of Tartaros
- Head forward and leap onto the square platform as it rises into view.
- As the platform proceeds forward, jump over a single laser beam.
- Use the Hephaistos’s Hammer ability to knock back the flaming boulders that dangle from chains in your path, so you can pass unharmed.
- Fire a shot using Apollo’s Arrow to strike a target in the alcove along the wall you are approaching, to disable the laser beams.
- Jump over the next set of two laser beams as you proceed.
- Double jump to clear the next wall of laser beams.
- Stand near the far left edge of the square platform as it passes underneath a low overhang.
- Continue your ride until you can jump to safety and activate a checkpoint.
A detour for the Epic Chest
- From the checkpoint, look above you to your right. You’ll see a platform you can get to.
- Double jump from the platform you’re standing on and perform Ares’s Wrath twice to make it to the top of the platform.
- Turn around and you’ll see another platform with three landings. You’ll be aiming for the slightly lower one to the left.
- Double jump from where you are, then glide until you hit the wall.
- Once you touch the wall, do Ares’s Wrath twice and that should put you above the landing. Hold forward and you should land on top.
- Ascend the platforms and open the Epic Chest at the top to obtain the Grizzled Hide of War.
- There’s another way to get on top of here by progressing farther into the vault, however, if you fail to land where the chest is, you’ll have to restart at this point anyway.
- Jump down back to the checkpoint and continue onward.
Onward to Zeus’s Lightning
- Duck as you ride the square platform through a low opening in the next wall that is spanned by laser beams.
- Remain crouched to pass through a high wall of laser beams, but make sure you position yourself along the platform’s right edge.
- Ride the platform as the bulk of it passes under the low wall, then jump left across some laser beams just beyond that wall to land on the platform’s left edge.
- Continue riding the platform as it clears the wall and then jump to and climb the series of ledges to your right, just ahead of another wall of laser beams.
- Drop down to the next square platform that comes by and ride it while crouching to pass beneath the wall of laser beams.
- Use Hephaistos’s Hammer to clear away two sets of flaming boulders that dangle across your path as the square platform continues along its route.
- Jump onto the platform to access a checkpoint.
- From your vantage point, fire Apollo’s Arrow and use the guided shot to destroy a stone joint holding one of the flaming boulders aloft.
- Fire an additional shot to strike the target in the alcove just beyond where that boulder had been dangling, eliminating some laser beams.
- Repeat the process on more flaming boulders as the platform continues its route. Note that several of these have stone joints keeping them aloft, which you can instead break away using guided Apollo’s Arrow shots from the platform near the checkpoint if you prefer.
- Step to the platform’s right side to continue riding it past another low-hanging wall.
- Quickly jump left across the wall of laser beams as you pass the wall and approach another one.
- Continue riding the square platform as it ascends toward the next ledge.
- Jump onto the ledge and ascend along the platforms, then climb the stairs to claim Zeus’s Lightning and exit the vault.