The Defiance of Perseus Vault of Tartaros is in The Forgelands region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find The Defiance of Perseus Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s The Defiance of Perseus vault is easy to reach from the God of the Forge statue: Head southeast a short distance along the open plains to see some monsters guarding a rift. Defeat them and drop through the rift to access the vault.
How to clear The Defiance of Perseus Vault of Tartaros
Before entering this vault, master the Phosphor’s Clone ability. You’ll need it to complete some of the puzzles and you can also use a clone to skip a puzzle entirely.
- Head forward and up the walkway to reach a large platform with a checkpoint and four feather-engraved plate switches. Each plate switch activates a corresponding crystal switch. You must activate all four crystals to reach the vault’s exit.
This guide will show you how to solve one puzzle that will allow you activate two switches, skipping one of the four puzzles. We’ll also skip another puzzle by using a Phosphor Clone.
Route 1 (Southeast)
- Head right from the central platform to reach a checkpoint at the end of a walkway.
- Jump and glide toward your diagonal right to reach a platform with a circular switch. Landing on it causes the platform to start rising.
- Once the platform stops rising, jump and glide to the next platform and circular switch.
- Ride that platform left and leap to the next ledge.
- Proceed to the right, up a high platform and across a gap to reach a new ledge with a stone block resting on a plate switch next to a pedestal.
- Use your Herakles’s Strength ability to lift the stone block from the plate switch.
- Set the stone block down nearby and use the Phosphor’s Clone ability to place a clone statue on the plate switch.
- Carry the stone block to the edge of the platform and look toward the vault entrance, at the central ledge with the four plate switches that you left a moment ago.
- Use a charged throw to toss the stone block in a long, high arc that carries it to the walkway you encountered upon first entering the vault. The stone block should break into at least two chunks, which is fine. If you miss your toss entirely, a new block appears nearby and you can try again.
- Backtrack to the walkway near the vault entrance and lift one of the stone block chunks.
- Carry the stone block chunks back to the central area. Place it on the southeast plate switch to activate that crystal.
Route 2 (Northeast)
- Head right from the central platform and ascend a series of stone ledges to reach a higher ledge and a checkpoint.
- Continue along the walkway as it heads forward and wraps left, up some stairs to end with a small wooden crate resting on a plate switch, with a pedestal to the left.
- Create a clone statue and set it on the plate switch next to the wooden crate.
- Lift the wooden crate and carry it along the walkway, back the way you came.
- Still carrying the wooden crate, carefully descend along the ledges just past the checkpoint to reach return to the central platform.
- Set the wooden crate on a plate switch to activate another crystal switch.
Route 3 and 4 (Southwest and Northwest)
- Both of these puzzles can be skipped entirely. Take one of the extra stone block chunks from the first puzzle and place it on the southwest switch to activate that crystal.
- Place a Phosphor’s Clone on the northwest switch to activate that crystal.
- Once all four switches are activated, air gust vents will appear ahead of you.
Onward toward the Epic Chest and Zeus’s Lightning
- Follow the air gusts that appear from the vent plates beyond the central platform to reach a high ledge. To the left is a torch and an alcove with a translucent red door.
- Stand behind the torch and face toward the other side of the platform, where there is an unlit torch you can’t interact with just yet, and fire a guided Apollo’s Arrow.
- Guide your Apollo’s Arrow projectile toward the right so it passes through a ring perched atop a high stone column. You likely don’t have enough stamina to safely slow or speed its flight, so you need to aim confidently.
- Continue guiding the Apollo’s Arrow shot through three additional rings, each one located around 90 degrees to the right of one before it, and finish up by guiding the shot to light the previously unlit torch before your stamina is completely drained.
- Enter the alcove and open the Epic Chest to obtain the Horns of Moonlight Revels visual.
- Head back around the platform and climb the steps to acquire Zeus’s Lightning and exit the vault.