The Torment of Ikaros Vault of Tartaros is in The Forgelands region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find The Torment of Ikaros Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s The Torment of Ikaros vault is easy to reach from the God of the Forge statue: Head just north of due east to reach a rift that is on an open plain, south of the aqueduct structures. Defeat the monsters guarding the rift and then drop through it to access the vault.
How to clear The Torment of Ikaros Vault of Tartaros
- Head forward to reach and activate a pedestal, which produces a wooden boulder.
- Quickly head forward and use your Herakles’s Strength ability to pull the wooden boulder safely to the ledge in case it tries to drop into the pit.
- Push the wooden boulder almost to the edge of the ledge to the left, looking out over vent tiles with air gusts where hydra heads periodically emerge from overhead portals.
- Head across the vent tiles and air gusts, then turn and use Herakles’s Strength to pull the wooden boulder across them just after hydra heads recede, so the boulder can cross to your side before they reappear.
- Push the wooden boulder over the side of the ledge so it falls onto the lower ledge, in line with some more vent tiles ahead of you.
- Activate the pedestal, which causes a hydra head to emerge from a portal and send the wooden boulder flying to a distant ledge, where it settles into a basin and activates a crystal switch that produces a new wooden boulder near a checkpoint.
A detour for the Epic Chest
- Standing near the checkpoint and the wooden boulder, look to the left and climb along the stone ledges in that direction.
- Upon reaching the highest ledge, look left to a wide gap and pull the lever.
- Jump out and veer slightly to the left as a portal appears, so you land near the left side of the hydra head that emerges.
- As soon as you land, double jump straight up, then drop right from the peak of your jump to land on another hydra head that emerges from a portal in that direction. If you move right too soon, the head will bump you and you’ll fall.
- Double jump again and glide forward, to land on the right side of another hydra head that emerges from a portal to the left. It is vital you land near the right side, or a final hydra head that emerges from the portal directly ahead of you will knock you into the abyss.
- Jump and glide out to the ledge ahead and (if necessary) use Aeris’s Wrath to ascend it to claim the Forgemaster’s Headpiece visual from an Epic Chest before backtracking to the checkpoint.
Onward to Zeus’s Lightning
- From the checkpoint, head forward along the ledges and use the Herakles’s Strength ability to pull the wooden boulder in that direction along the air gusts.
- Continue along the ledges and keep pulling the wooden boulder forward and toward the right, pausing as necessary to wait out the hydra heads that emerge from portals.
- Push the wooden boulder over a final vent plate so the air gusts carry it up to the overhead ledge.
- Push the wooden boulder along the ledge to a corner and place it at the center of an inactive vent tile.
- Climb to the overhead ledge and activate the pedestal, so the wooden boulder floats upward on air gusts and is sent flying by a hydra head to land in a basin on a distant ledge and activate a crystal switch.
- Cross over and climb the ledge above the crystal switch to find and activate a checkpoint.
- Use the Herakles’s Strength ability to pull a flaming wooden boulder along vent plates with air gusts to a stone ledge with a decorative green lamp, pausing if necessary to avoid the hydra head that emerges periodically from an overhead portal.
- Cross two more vent plates to the next ledge, and use Herakles’s Strength to pull the flaming wooden boulder to your new location once the hydra head retreats into a portal.
- Position the flaming wooden boulder so it is approximately even with the next set of gusting vent plates. Be careful not to pull too hard with Herakles’s Strength, as you don’t want to touch the boulder. Its flames damage you.
- Head along the vent tiles, then turn and use Herakles’s Strength to pull the flaming wooden boulder along with you, between appearances from overhead hydra heads.
- Direct the flaming wooden boulder into a recess with a vent plate.
- Climb the overhead ledge and activate the pedestal, causing the flaming wooden boulder to float and get knocked across a gap to a far ledge by a hydra head.
- Cross over to that platform and follow the flaming wooden boulder left as a new hydra head knocks it along a ledge, so it comes to rest on a ledge near a basin.
- Direct the flaming wooden boulder into the basin, which activates a crystal switch and causes some platforms to rise nearby.
- Ascend along the platforms to cross the gap and collect Zeus’s Lightning to exit the vault.