The Atalanta’s Nightmare Vault of Tartaros is in The Forgelands region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find the Atalanta’s Nightmare Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Atalanta’s Nightmare vault is easy to reach from the God of the Forge statue: Head northeast to reach the Forge of the Gods area, and circle around to its far back side, along the clifftops. Descend a short distance to a plateau where some enemies are guarding a rift. Defeat them and drop through the rift to access the vault.
How to clear the Atalanta’s Nightmare Vault of Tartaros
Cross over to the wide platform with the lever, which you must pull on three occasions to trigger three challenges involving laser beams and targets.
The First Challenge
- After pulling the lever, watch for the arm at the end of the platform, which sweeps back and forth with laser beams extended. Hop over it.
- Move near the edge of the platform, toward the left side, and fire a guided Apollo’s Arrow to hit the target directly ahead of you.
- Head right while keeping near the edge of the platform and jump to avoid the laser beams as they sweep back your way.
- Near the right side of the platform, face out and fire another Apollo’s Arrow to hit the target ahead of you.
The Second Challenge
- Pull the lever a second time to reactivate the arm with laser beams, as well as additional laser beams that spread along the floor.
- While taking care to avoid the laser beams, head toward the edge of the platform along its center and fire an Apollo’s Arrow to hit the target on a raised stone column ahead of you. It moves up and down, so be ready to slow your arrow and adjust accordingly.
- Jump as necessary to avoid the laser beam if it is approaching, then fire another Apollo’s Arrow to hit the second target on another stone column, behind where you hit the first one.
- Head left while continuing to jump as necessary to avoid the laser beams, and fire another Apollo’s Arrow to hit the third target resting on a moving stone column near the ledge’s left side.
The Third Challenge
- Pull the lever a third time. Jump to avoid laser beams that come at you from the left, as well as from directly ahead of you, as you make your way toward the far side of the platform again. You will need to periodically jump to avoid them as you complete the next few steps.
- Fire an Apollo’s Arrow to hit the target on a moving stone column, which travels back and forth near the right end of the platform.
- Fire another Apollo’s Arrow between the two stone pillars on the platform, at the target that rests on a stone column beyond the edge of the platform.
- Fire an Apollo’s Arrow at the final target, located beyond the platform and between two stone columns with crystal switches resting on them.
The Epic Chest and Zeus’s Lightning
- Cross the gap by floating on the air gusts. Make sure to let each one carry you up enough to make the steep ascent.
- Head around the left side of the platform and drop down to a platform behind it where you will find a hidden alcove that contains the Epic Chest. You can’t reach it yet because of a translucent red barrier.
- While facing that barrier, look to the right to see a moving stone column with a target resting on it.
- Fire an arrow to hit the target as it gets within range to remove the nearby translucent red barrier. A regular arrow seems to work more naturally than a guided one in this case.
- Enter the chamber and open the epic chest to obtain the Lion’s Stare Breastplate visual.
- Ascend the ledge and circle back around the barrier to grab Zeus’s Lightning and exit the vault.