The Task of Herakles Vault of Tartaros is in The Forgelands region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, solve the dungeon’s puzzles, find and open the Epic Chests, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find The Task of Herakles Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s The Task of Herakles vault is easy to reach from the God of the Forge statue: Head east while veering just slightly north to reach a large island off that coast. Just ahead of the island is a smaller one, with a rift out in the open. Defeat the enemies guarding it, then drop through the rift to access the vault.
How to clear The Task of Herakles Vault of Tartaros
Make sure you have enhanced the Athena’s Dash ability and mastered the Laser Immunity upgrade to give yourself an edge in this vault.
- Head forward and hop onto the circular switch on the platform, which begins moving forward once you do so.
- Jump out to the next platform when you get within range, and then jump left from it to another platform with another circular switch.
- Ride that moving platform upward and then jump to a high stone ledge.
- Quickly cross the ledge and jump out to reach another moving platform.
- Jump from that moving platform when it approaches the high stone ledge, where you can activate a checkpoint.
- Jump and glide to another platform and land on the circular switch at its center.
- Ride the platform toward the upper right, then jump from it to reach another moving platform.
- Jump to the next platform and stand on the circular switch to start the platform moving toward the left.
- As you approach the moving laser walls, carefully jump over the lower laser wall and pass just beneath the upper laser wall as you see an opening, to land on the next moving platform.
- As the moving platform approaches another laser wall, use the Athena’s Dash move to fly forward through the lasers without taking damage (thanks to Laser Immunity) and land on the next platform.
- Stand on the circular switch and ride the platform forward until you can see another moving platform to your left, just beyond a stone wall.
- Jump to that platform, then ride it toward the upper right until you can safely jump and glide out toward another moving platform in the distance.
- Ride the platform left and jump to a stone ledge, then jump to another moving platform to your right.
- Stand on the circular switch so the moving platform lowers toward laser beams to the left.
- Hop to avoid the laser beams, and continue to ride the moving platform until it reaches its leftmost point.
- Jump and glide back toward the right, passing between two stone columns to land on a distant floating platform with another circular switch, located beyond the right column.
- Ride the platform as it starts to the left, and leap over the laser beams and glide to the next moving platform, from which you can jump to the next ledge and a checkpoint.
- Jump to the next platform and stand on the circular switch to start riding forward toward a laser wall.
- As you reach the high point of your ascent, use Athena’s Dash to pass through the laser wall to the next floating platform.
- Jump to the next platform and stand on the circular switch to start riding toward laser beams to the upper right.
- Hop over the set of two laser beams and as the moving platform reaches its rightmost point, either double jump out to pass through a gap in the laser wall, or glide under it and quickly use Ares’s Wrath to just barely reach the next platform.
- Ride the moving platform toward the upper left and jump to avoid the first laser wall.
- Veer toward the nearby stone wall, ahead of the next set of laser beams, and use Ares’s Wrath twice in a row to quickly ascend to reach a ledge with a checkpoint.
A detour for a Hero Chest
- Jump to the next platform with a circular switch, and stand on the switch to start floating forward toward two sets of laser beams directly ahead.
- Once the platform floats through the second set of laser beams directly ahead, turn sharply left and jump then glide over to another moving platform that will have descended in that direction.
- As the moving platform starts rising toward a series of four laser beam walls, double jump to pass over the first laser wall, make a single hop to pass through a gap in the second laser wall, duck to pass under the third laser wall, and double jump to clear the fourth laser wall and reach the ledge.
- Cross the ledge and open the Epic Chest to obtain the Helm of Forge Fires visual.
- Head to the edge of the ledge, then jump and glide toward the lower right to safely return to the checkpoint.
Onward toward the exit
- Ride the moving platform forward from the ledge with the checkpoint, and jump over the first set of laser beams, then glide toward the ledge to your right.
- Stand near the edge of the basin and facing the direction from which you came. Look right to spot a target you should shoot with your arrow to start a timer.
- Quickly look left and fire an arrow to hit a second target in that direction. A wooden boulder should now fall on the platform to your right, directed there by air gusts you created by shooting the targets.
- Push the wooden boulder to the basin to activate the nearby crystal switch that produces air gusts.
- Glide along the air gusts to reach the high ledge so you can open an Epic Chest and acquire Ambrosia.
- Head up the stairs to collect Zeus’s Lightning and exit the vault.