The Serpentine Monster Vault of Tartaros is in the Grove of Kleos region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, defeat the boss within, find and open the Epic Chests, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find The Serpentine Monster Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s The Serpentine Monster vault is completed while clearing The Good, the Bad, and the Tiny story mission. It is easy to reach from the Goddess of Wisdom statue: Head west toward the coastline and descend along some cliffs to reach a monument area overlooking the sea. Enter the opening in the rock wall to find a chamber where you can drop through a rift to access the vault.
How to clear The Serpentine Monster Vault of Tartaros
- Cross along the ledges and climb the stairs to activate a checkpoint. Grab the healing orb to the left if you need to restore your life ahead of a coming battle.
- Activate the lever to the right to open the double doors ahead of you.
- Head through the doors and start across the wide area to commence your battle with the Hydra.
Battling the Hydra
- When the Hydra first attacks, it has one head. The beast has two main attacks: its head turns red for a short time before slamming down on the ledge and remaining there for a bit as a shockwave spreads outward from the point of contact; it fires a green orb that turns into a portal from which it then draws weaker grunts to attack you. Any time its head gets near the platform, move in and hack at it to drain the fairly short life meter.
- Once you defeat the Hydra head, two more heads arrive to take its place. They have the same attacks, so use the same strategies to defeat them. You must battle near the edge of the platform to reach your opponents, but be careful not to swing too much and fall off the edge, and don’t let the weaker grunts push you in that direction, either.
- After you defeat the twin Hydra heads, you must deal with four of heads at once. Make sure you rely on your most powerful attacks, augmented by any relevant potions, and focus on one or two of the heads at a time until you eliminate the lot of them and receive the Fang of the Hydra event item as a reward.
Epic Chests and Zeus’s Lightning
- Use the air gusts that appear to glide across the gap to a high ledge on the far side.
- Open the Epic Chest to receive the Coins of Charon (2).
- Head to either side of the low platform where Zeus’s Lightning is located and drop down to a lower ledge behind it.
- Pull the lever near the back right edge of the platform.
- As stone columns with targets on them rise out of the abyss, use guided Apollo’s Arrow shots to quickly hit every target before time expires. It helps if you start one one side or the other and work your way across.
- Open the Epic Chest to acquire the Piercing Wisdom helmet.
Backtrack to the overhead ledge and claim Zeus’s Lightning to exit the vault.