The Hound of Hades Vault of Tartaros is in the Grove of Kleos region. In this Immortals Fenyx Rising guide, we’ll show you how to find the Vault Entrance location, beat the enemies within, find and open the Epic Chest, and collect Zeus’s Lightning on your way out.
How to find The Hound of Hades Vault entrance
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s The Hound of Hades vault is the second of two vaults completed while clearing Go Do Hero Things! story mission. It is easy to reach from the Goddess of Wisdom statue: Head northwest a short distance as directed by the game, and proceed by following the below steps.
How to enter The Hound of Hades Vault of Tartaros
- Head to the Guardian’s Hill area on the map, and locate the Stele of Herakles. It resembles a giant tombstone and is covered in corrupted red crystal you should destroy with your ax.
- Examine the stele, then head forward and left within the Quest Zone to find an inactive circular switch, and beyond it two plate switches.
- On the ledge above the plates, break apart some more corrupted red crystal to reveal a metal crate.
- Place the metal crate on the plate switch with the anchor symbol etched on its surface, which supplies half the required weight.
- Find another metal crate on the same ledge where you found the first one, in a corner behind a broken stone column.
- Set the second metal crate on top of the first one on the plate switch.
- Head back to the upper ledge and climb some steps to find a third metal crate positioned in a stone throne.
- Set the third metal crate on the plate switch with the feather emblem on it, then look back toward the entrance of the area to see the formerly inactive circular switch is now glowing.
- Step on the circular switch to trigger a cutscene, wherein the Cerberus head carved into the nearby cliff opens its mouth.
- Head up the steps and ascend the statue’s tongue to reach the chamber where you can drop through the rift to enter the vault.
How to clear The Hound of Hades Vault of Tartaros
- Cross along the ledges and climb the stairs to activate a checkpoint. Grab the healing orb to the left if you need to restore your life ahead of a coming battle.
- Activate the lever to the right to open the double doors ahead of you.
- Head through the doors and start across the wide area to commence your battle with Hound of Hades, Legendary Cerberos. He mostly battles like a Chimera might, so attack his flank as possible to avoid his fiery breath. Hit him fast and hard to inflict as much damage as possible and avoid a drawn-out fight. Back away if he crouches down and starts glowing, as an explosive blast will soon follow.
- After you defeat Cerberos, you’ll automatically receive the Tarnished Phosphor and then you should head through the gate that opens ride platforms to reach a high ledge.
The Epic Chest and Zeus’s Lightning
- Head around the right side of the low platform where Zeus’s Lightning is waiting and find a drop off to a lower ledge with an Epic Chest resting on it.
- Cross to the next ledge and head to the far end to find and activate a pedestal, which produces a wooden crate.
- Carry the wooden crate back the way you came, toward the end of the ledge. There are fire-breathing dragon heads along the walls to the left and right. Pass each one just after a fireball blazes past you, to avoid letting the flames destroy the crate.
- At the far end of the ledge, set the wooden crate on the plate switch.
- Cross to the next ledge and open the Epic Chest to obtain the Winged Helm of the Eagle.
- Backtrack to the overhead ledge and grab Zeus’s Lightning to exit the vault.