You will meet a new type of enemy in this Mark of the Ninja: Remastered’s “The Inner Keep,” the Elite Guard, who is impervious to your attempts at a kill unless you first stun him. The Hisomu Terror Dart weapon, which should now be available to purchase, is a terrific way to prepare yourself for the stage. Make sure that you bring it.
Sabotage the Helicopter Without Being Detected
At the end of the stage, you will have the opportunity to acquire this seal.
Once you have worked your way through all but the last building in the stage, you will finally get a glimpse of a helicopter waiting on a pad to the right of your current location. There are guards positioned in and around the buildings just ahead of it, and also a pilot standing near the chopper.
To easily secure this seal, all you need to do is make your way to the helicopter without being spotted. There are a few guards along the way, including some of the Elite Guard enemies, but they pose little threat if you have the right equipment. You can backtrack to the checkpoint and head down the adjacent vent to find the flag that lets you restock your supplies if you run out of special weapons part of the way through your attempts at sabotage.
As you advance toward the helicopter, just keep an eye out for enemies. Allow an Elite Guard to get near you as he walks to the left edge of his patrol area. Break free from cover as he turns his back. Toss the dart and, while your foe is disabled, move in swiftly and perform the kill before he has a chance to recover. Work your way right through the area, repeating the process until finally you perform the same move on the pilot. Then you will receive the seal.
Terrorize a Guard into Shooting Another Guard
There are a variety of places throughout the stage where you can tend to this seal. All you have to do is throw a Hisomu Terror Dart at one guard and he will start shooting wildly. If there is another guard close at hand, the poor fellow will be gunned down by his terrified comrade.
Very early in the stage, you have a terrific opportunity to tend to the seal. You will find a large, multi-tiered area with a vent running beneath its lowest level. Along the left side, a guard with a shield patrols back and forth, while to the right a guard stands at the base of a staircase with his flashlight pointed left. You can jump out from the vent and throw a Hisomu Terror Dart at the enemy on the right as his shield-toting friend is near, then drop back into the vent and watch the fireworks. Before long at all, you should have the seal. If things go poorly and you are spotted and gunned down in the process, that’s OK. You’ll just restart from the checkpoint and the seal is still yours.
Kill Three Elite Guards
You will come across Elite Guard enemies all over the stage, including a concentration of them near the very end. As you work to complete this seal, though, it’s best to focus your efforts on the first few you encounter.
The first Elite Guard is presented in an environment where you can hardly help but succeed. He is specially introduced as you enter the second large series of buildings in the stage. The guard is standing near the top of some stairs, facing in your direction. Run up the stairs and hide in the door archway. From there, throw a Hisomu Terror Dart and, as the Elite Guard reels from the attack, run up and kill him. If you have learned the Bloody Whisper ability, this process is especially quick and easy.
Continue right from where you found the first Elite Guard, down some stairs and through a door. You can pass underneath a higher ledge where an Elite Guard is standing and talking to a fellow guard. If you like, you can throw a dart to drop an overhead chandelier and kill them both, but there’s no need to bother with that diversion just yet. Instead, roll through the low vent and take the passage as it winds down to a lower series of small rooms. When the fork splits and you can head right or down, head right and look out over a higher ledge where a guard patrols.
Drop down to the ledge and silently eliminate the guard when his back is turned. Then pass through the vent to the upper right. Descend through that chamber toward its base, where you will see a lever. Don’t pull it just yet, though. Instead, peer left through the vent and look at the two Elite Guards and a gas mask soldier. You should be able to to throw a Hisomu Terror Dart and hit the soldier to terrify him. Quickly head right and pull the lever, which starts flooding the lower portion of the screen with poison gas. Quickly ascend through the room you currently occupy to gain elevation over the gas. Meanwhile, the fumes will kill the two Elite Guard enemies on your behalf and leave you in good shape to take down the terrified gas mask soldier.
Voice of the Hisomu
The Inner Keep Scroll #1
Just to the right of the restocking area, which is marked by a flag on a pole, in the passage above where you can drop a chandelier to kill a boastful Elite Guard, you’ll find a vent in the ceiling. Pass through it and head to the right to find a challenge room.
To clear the challenge room, complete the following steps:
- Grab the corpse to the right of the starting point and drag it right so that it prevents the third vertical laser from firing.
- Grab the corpse just to the right of that point and drag it back toward the left, then drop it through the vent.
- Grapple up to the overhead vent and follow it right so that you emerge where you left the first corpse a moment ago.
- Grab that corpse and drop it with the other corpse in the passageway.
- Drag the two corpses to the right, one at a time, and drop them through the vent so they fall on the room’s middle level, just to the right of where another corpse is currently positioned.
- Drag one of those corpses to the right, so it rests on a horizontal gate that currently is closed.
- Drag a second of the corpses left until it is positioned beneath an overhead vent.
- Pass through the vent and disable the fuse box to the upper left, which opens the nearby gate.
- Drag the nearby corpse back toward the right, so that it rests just short of the corpse you should have left resting on the ledge in that direction. It should be positioned to interrupt the nearby beam of light.
- Drag the other corpse back toward the left and put it in position to interrupt the beam of light just to the right of the vent you first used to access the fuse box.
- Drag the corpse that is now positioned a short distance to the right back toward the left, so that it rests on the pressure plate. This opens the horizontal gate near the room’s far right side and causes the body that was resting on it to drop to the room’s lowest level.
- Grab the corpse that currently rests a short distance to the right where it is blocking the flow of the nearest vertical laser.
- Drag the corpse back to the right, and toss it through the opening where the horizontal gate was once positioned.
- Drop to the lowest level, where there is a collection of corpses assembled.
- One by one, drag the corpses left so that each one blocks one of the vertical lines of laser to the left, starting with the nearest one.
- Once all of the lasers are blocked, grapple up to the ceiling on the lowest level and use the handholds to crawl toward the left.
- Crawl to the far left side of the room so that you are past the post with electricity arcing along its surface, then drop down to the ground level to collect the scroll.
The Inner Keep Scroll #2
You acquire the second scroll in the room to the left of the one where you encounter two Elite Guards and gas them by pulling a lever. Once you take out those guards and their comrade with the gas mask, you can drop into the fumes and quickly run left to grab the scroll from a pedestal. Then run back to the right and hop back out of the fumes before they kill you.
The Inner Keep Scroll #3
Just before you pass through the last yellow patch of light, you can acquire the last scroll in the stage. Be careful, because if you pass through the light without grabbing the scroll, you’ll have to play through the whole stage again for another chance.
Near the very end of the stage, you are instructed to sabotage the helicopter. You receive those orders while positioned near the center of an expansive area with the helicopter that is your target waiting on a helipad a few screens to the right. To the left, past a few small rooms, there’s an open area with street lamps and guards. Just past those guards is a gate that won’t raise until you sabotage the helicopter. Once you have tended to the chopper, you need to head for that gate. Once you pass through it, drop down through the ledge and head to the room to the lower left to acquire the scroll.