Mark of the Ninja: Remastered’s “Set to Flight” level begins the end of your journey. In this guide, we’ll show you how to get everything hidden within the level.
Escape the First Stalkers Without Being Seen
After the sequence at the start of the stage, it’s time to head right. There, you’ll pull a crate onto a plate, activate a switch, open a barrier and enter The Falling Stronghold. As you proceed right through this area, you lose your weapons but gain the Mark of Serenity, which allows you to teleport from your current location to one of your choosing. Continue right from there, using the ability to pass traps, until you arrive in a larger chamber receive a new objective: Escape From the Stalkers.
To acquire the related seal, you need to escape the Stalkers without attracting their attention. The Stalkers move around a lot more than normal enemies, and more quickly, but they keep to specific routes unless you do something to draw their attention.
Nearby, there is a series of four vases and potted plants. The fourth of those is rigged with explosives, so try to avoid it if you can unless you can time things just right and cause it to detonate as an enemy gets near. You otherwise want to move past any enemies, not engage them. Luckily, you can use the Mark of Serenity to teleport to new cover and (if your aim is good) will automatically duck out of sight upon arriving.
Using the potted plants as cover, press to the right and arrive next at a room with another Stalker. You can teleport past her, or just follow her and then duck behind a plant after she leaps to the overhead balcony.
Then find shelter behind a vase immediately to the right as Stalker enemies approach. On the overhead ledge, where there are two more points of shelter, note the left one is also boobytrapped. You can risk trying to blast a Stalker with it, but you’re better off just avoiding because there are multiple enemies to avoid alerting.
Travel left on the upper level, then ascend from there to reach a new room with a couple of grappling points and some more cover. Grapple up to one of the overhead points, then quickly teleport to the recess overhead, as the grapple points are fragile and will crumble away momentarily.
On the higher level, travel right and descend toward the lower right. Then proceed carefully through the next room. Make sure to avoid a final pair of Stalker enemies before you drop down to the right and then head left along the ground to reach an underground area and claim the seal at the first checkpoint.
Bypass All Bandits Without Taking Any Damage
As you emerge from the underground passage that follows the segment of the level where you are introduced to the Stalker enemies, you will be instructed to Find a Way Past the Bandit’s Outpost. If you can make your way to the far side of the outpost without taking any damage (which being spotted or falling for any traps, in essence), you will get the seal.
The easiest way to accomplish this is to kill the various enemies you encounter using the explosive traps throughout the vicinity, which will also earn you the stage’s third seal.
From where you first emerge from the underground passage, head a short distance to the right to find a patrolling guard. Jump to the wall along the building’s left side, and from there toss a dart to detonate one of the bundles of explosives when the guard is near. From there, climb carefully up to the next level. A guard patrols here, and you want to wait until he turns his back to you.
You don’t need to kill that guard, but you should follow after him and seek shelter behind the object just to the right of the overhead lamp. From there, you can toss a dart to the right to make an explosive package drop to a ledge below that you can’t see from your current position without manipulating the camera. The explosive bundle will detonate and kill a sniper.
Now return a short distance left and ascend to the third level, which is the rooftop. A guard roams back and forth here, so approach with caution. Let him start back to the right. Toss a dart to detonate the explosive and eliminate the guard.
Continue right, grappling to a high pole in that direction. Throw another dart toward the rooftop to the right to detonate another package when a guard is near.
Now you need to get sneaky.
- Throw a dart to ring the bell at the center of the wide space on ground level, and let the guard rush over to see what made the noise.
- Quickly teleport past him to the right, and climb up to the roof of that small building.
- Drop down on the right side and when the guard gets near, throw a dart to attract his attention so he continues closer to your location.
- Throw another dart to make the nearby explosives drop to the floor, and a final dart to make the soldier walk to the right and step on the trap.
He will die.
Now you need to descend a short distance, to the next level down. Cling to the wall as you do, and watch for a guard who moves back and forth. As he heads to the right, perhaps because you prompted that by ringing the bell, teleport behind him and take a few steps left. There, you’ll find a lever to pull. Do so. A vent cover opens to the lower left, and you can jump down to it and descend into the passageway it blocks.
Kill 5 Enemies Using Traps
You can easily acquire this seal while finding a way past the Bandit’s Outpost, as outlined above. For the most part, just throw darts at the explosive traps when guards are near them. As long as you’re not spotted along the way, it’s a simple seal to acquire.
Voice of the Hisomu
Set to Flight Scroll #1
Near the start of the stage, you will gain the Mark of Serenity and lose your weapons. You have to proceed through the next extended section while avoiding agile Stalker enemies, using cover and teleporting your way out of danger.
As you near the end of this area, just before you enter the underground tunnel, you will reach a final room with two Stalker enemies. The scroll is positioned on a high ledge near the upper right side of that interior area.
Set to Flight Scroll #2
After you pass the Bandit’s Outpost and descend to the underground once more, proceed to the right while avoiding traps. You’ll encounter a Stalker enemy in a wide space, and then you can ascend another shaft and resume your trek toward the right.
Pull a lever to open a gate and jump or teleport of the way of a trap that action triggers. Then continue right and emerge from the underground.
From there, you simply have to walk a short distance right, up a small slope that on-screen text labels as The Path to the Hills. You’ll find a recess into which you can drop. Do so, and then drop through the vent to find a corridor leading to the level’s challenge room.
To clear the challenge room, complete the following steps:
- Hop left across the gap and run to the left side of the room.
- From a safe vantage point, toss a dart up at the bundle of explosives to dislodge it so that it drops to the pressure plate positioned beneath it.
- Grapple up the vertical shaft just to the right and teleport left at the upper level, avoiding the swinging blade.
- Pull the lever to stop the swinging blade.
- Drop to the room’s lowest level and turn the crank to make a large block descend along the vertical shaft just to the right.
- Grapple up the left shaft and jump from the grapple point, then use Mark of Serenity to teleport through the opening in the spikes and to reach the platform on the opposite side of the shaft.
- Grapple into the overhead vent and ascend to the horizontal shaft at the room’s upper level. This point in the challenge room serves as a checkpoint.
- Pull the lever, which starts a series of darts firing toward the left from the right side of the corridor. They are blocked by the doorway just to your right.
- Let a series of three darts hit against the door, then immediately open it.
- Teleport over to a point of safety in the hallway and duck behind it before darts hit you.
- Continue moving right, from one point of shelter to the next, during the brief periods between pairs of three darts.
- From the rightmost point of shelter, teleport over to the wall to the right, as low as you can, and descend as you arrive to avoid getting hit in the head by the next set of darts to fire.
- Head left through the vent opening and descend toward the room’s lower level.
- Head at the series of pressure plates and toss darts up to dislodge the remaining explosives so they drop onto the pressure plates to act as weights.
- Drop to the lower right side of the room and pull on the lever to cause two gates to the left to rise.
- Run quickly left along the hallway, jumping to avoid treading on any pressure plates along the way.
- At the far side of the chamber, collect the scroll if you ran left quickly enough and didn’t step on any plates. Otherwise, head up to the upper level and hit more explosives with darts to drop them to plates so you can pull the lever at the bottom of the screen and make another attempt at a race to the left.
Set to Flight Scroll #3
Right near the very end of the stage, after a brief trip on the surface, you’ll drop into an underground area and start to the right. The game will instruct you to Sneak Past the Stalkers, and there is a shaft you can descend along with an open area to the right. This area is full of Stalker enemies, but you don’t have to deal with all of them.
Descend the shaft, and then quickly work your way right over the long series of spikes and traps. At the far side, grapple to a point over the spikes and stay in place for a bit.
Watch the space overhead, and you should see periodic notices of Stalker enemies killing themselves by running into various traps. Once those slow, you’re good to jump to the overhead area. Then carefully make your way back toward the left through the now mostly depopulated area. Leap up to a higher ledge to find the final scroll in the stage, resting on a pedestal.