After you’re done meeting everyone, but before you head back to the Hyperion, do the "Station Sabotage" Heleus assignment mission you picked up earlier when talking to Colonial Director Foster Addison.
Here’s why: It’s relatively quick to complete, it earns you some XP, you don’t have to travel far to do it, and it highlights a couple of quirks in Mass Effect: Andromeda’s interfaces that you’ll have to learn to work with.
You’ll pick up this side mission when a panel blows up in a tech’s face, and you talk to him about it.
- Check the map and pick out which of the three locations you’re going to check out first. There’s no exact location for those panels, but the sparks popping out of the wall are a good hint. We started with the panel in the Pathfinder HQ.
- When you get to the panel, pull up your scanner. SAM will ask you to follow some wires to a different panel. Just follow along the yellow-ish wires shown with your scanner. You’ll go upstairs to the Operations Center.
- You’ll find the next panel on the other side of the Operations Center (just follow the marker on your HUD). Repeat the process and follow the wires again.
- When you scan the final panel in the militia HQ, SAM and Raj will narrow down a culprit. You’ll have to go find her "on the Hyperion main deck."
Using the tram controls
This is where we ran into our first problem with the interface. If you were like us and glossed over the Hyperion part of the instructions you were given, you probably tried to follow the marker on your HUD. This will lead you in circles. And then when you check your map, the marker looks like it’s in the middle of the room. That’s actually the tram entrance.
Whenever the mission marker is in that specific spot, that means you have to take the tram somewhere else. Go down to the main floor and head back to the tram.
Which brings us to another interaction quirk. There are multiple buttons on the tram controls, and those controls correspond to different destinations. That sounds painfully obvious writing it out like that, but it took us an embarrassingly long time to figure out why the tram kept dropping us off in random locations. (If this picture helps even one other person, we’ll feel justified.)
Hyperion’s habitation deck
- Once you finally figure all of that out, head to Hyperion’s habitation deck and talk to Zarah Kellus. She’ll point you to some security footage.
- You’re going to run into the same tram waypoint issue here as well — the map looks like your destination is right next to you, but it’s actually a tram ride away. After getting frustrated and embarrassed, take the tram back to Nexus Operations.
- Follow your HUD marker to check out the security footage. SAM will come up with a way to track down the saboteur with your scanner.
- Just keep following your makers and scanning the human males you see until you track down your man.