As you exploring the newly founded Prodromos, you’re going to start bumping into all sorts of new people that need your help. An early (and relatively easy) one you’ll find is based on an email in an empty building — because snooping through other peoples’ email is part of your job as Pathfinder.
- Pick up this mission from the terminal in the second building behind where the Tempest parks in Prodromos. (That’s a terrible description, but we’ve highlighted it in the image above. This building looks like a research station inside, but the only thing you can interact with is the terminal.)
- Find the work rosters. They’re on a datapad that you can find by following the marker on your HUD.
- Find the medbay. Again, just follow your HUD. You can talk to Dr. Ramirez if you haven’t yet, but your goal for is just to scan the terminal in front of him.
- Investigate the monolith site. The misguided workers were working on the monolith closest to Prodromo (it was the second one you visited during "A Better Beginning"). Scan the communications array that they left behind.
- Get to the work crew. After you scan the array, a counter will start ticking down in the upper right corner telling you you have less than two minutes to rescue the work crew. The problem is, there’s no one around to save. That’s because they’re not here (but the game doesn’t really tell you that).
- Check your map. The work crew is actually way off to the east. Fast travel to the forward station about halfway there, then climb in your Nomad and take off across the desert. You’re in the Golden Wastes here, so there’s not a lot in terms of terrain to worry about. Just drive straight at the marker.
- Defeat the remnant. Unsurprisingly, things are not going great for the work crew and they’re under attack from some remnant bots. Shoot the bots, then talk to the work crew to earn your 29 AVP points.