Kadara Vault is part of Mass Effect: Andromeda’s "Healing Kadara’s Heart" Heleus assignment. We have a full walkthrough of that Heleus assignment, so if you need help with the beginning, feel free to start there. In this guide, however, we zoom right past the beginning to pick up at Kadara Vault, where we’re investigating the vault’s entrance.
[Editor’s note: There are three sections below, each with galleries to separate them and show what we write about below them. If you don’t see the galleries, visit this page on Polygon to load them all.]
- Investigate the vault’s entrance. Follow your HUD marker to the vault. Head down the ramp, and use the gravity well inside.
- Activate the vault’s emergency power. The emergency power console is behind you when you land.
- This will turn on three force fields over the consoles you need to interact with to open the door. There’s no puzzle here, you just have to brute force your way into the force field and accept that your shields will take a hit. Let your shields recharge between visits to the consoles as you work your way around the room.
- Once you get the door open, fight your past the remnant bots you find in the next room.
- Use the remnant pillars to climb to the platform on the right side of the room. Shoot the remnant bots you find there, then turn left and take the bridge across to the left side of the room.
- If you continue straight, you’ll find a couple of optional extra puzzles and containers, but the path to the vault’s lockdown is to the right.
- With a carefully-timed sprint-jump-boost, you can make it to the platform just above the electric killing-fluid to the right. Climb up and handle the remnant bots waiting for you there.
- Activate the console on your left to raise some remnant pillars — this will make your escape easier in a minute.
- Continue toward your HUD marker to find the door to the final room of the vault. Activate the console to the right of the door to unlock it.
- Remove the vault’s lockdown. There are six more of the damaging force fields around six consoles you need to activate before you can remove the lockdown.
- After you activate a couple of the consoles, remnant bots will start attacking. You won’t face any difficult bots or very many at once, but the shield-draining force fields you’re dealing with will make these encounters a little more harrowing than you’re used to.
- Once all six consoles are activated, the console in the center of the room will come online.
- Escape the purification field and exit the vault. Start retracing your steps back out of the vault. You’ll have to hit the console you used to unlock the door — it’s on your left when you go through the door — to get the pillars back up out of the water.
- Head back to the right, and keep retracing your steps. When you hop across to the central platform, turn left. Cross the bridge, then turn right. Get the rest of the way out to the room with the gravity well. Skirt the force field right in front of you, then use the console to shut down the purification field.