In this Metroid Dread Artaria walkthrough, we’ll help you collect every suit upgrade, Missile Tank and Energy Tank, and give you tips and tricks for beating every boss.
Table of contents
The numbers on the map above correspond to the area you’ll be exploring in each section of this guide.
- Charge Beam (blinking yellow doors)
- Redirect the thermal flow (thermal flow doors)
- Spider Magnet (blue walls)
- Phantom Cloak
- Corpius boss fight
- Sensor-Lock Doors (Phantom Cloak)
Charge Beam (blinking yellow doors)
In the map below, we’ll take you from the entrance to Artaria (1), through several Save Stations (2, 6, and 7), and pick up your first upgrade, the Charge Beam (9). There are two Missile Tanks (2 and 4) and one EMMI Zone (8).
- You’ll take control at the 1 on the map above. Head generally right and up until you hit a save room.
- EMMI Zone. Continue right to pick up your first use of the Omega Cannon. When the EMMI is defeated, head left and up to another Save Station. You’ll grab a Missle Tank on your way.
- EMMI Zone. Head clockwise through the area toward the top.
- Climb the next room to find a Missile Tank. Head left to the next Save Station.
- EMMI Zone. You can’t grab this Missile Tank yet.
- Save Station. Drop down and work right until you can climb up to the Map (and Save) Station.
- After you fight the giant tick, pick up another Missile Tank.
- EMMI Zone. Head right and into the EMMI area. (If you’re lost, jump out of the knee-high water to the right of 6 on the map above.) Your goal is the narrow pipe in the bottom right. You’ll need to dodge the EMMI while standing on a plate to raise the water level. When you can, slide into the pipe.
- Charge Beam. Blow up the blocks below the door, and slide through to find the Charge Beam.
Redirect the thermal flow (thermal flow doors)
- From where you picked up the Charge Beam, head all the way to the right.
- Grab the Energy Tank.
- Save room. Exit left, drop down, and head through the Charge Beam door.
- Navigate the EMMI zone.
- Save room. Exit through the Charge Beam door in the upper right, and pick up a Missile Tank in the next room. Shoot through the ceiling and continue right.
- Redirect thermal flow device. Ignore the doors that glow orange and drop to the bottom. Head left and save. Continue left until you reach the device to redirect the thermal flow.
Spider Magnet (blue walls)
- From the thermal flow controls, head left and shoot up through the ceiling.
- Save room. Take the lower left door out of the save room.
- EMMI Zone. Cut left and down through the EMMI Zone.
- The floor will fall away. Fall to the bottom of the shaft and work right and up.
- Central Unit boss fight. Dodge the floating circles and laser turret blasts, and unload your Missiles and Charged Beams into the Central Unit.
- Omega Cannon. The nearby EMMI will begin hunting you. Look for long hallways to make your stand. Use the Omega Cannon to blast through the shielding on the EMMI’s head. Charge up a shot to take it out.
- Start from where you defeated the EMMI for the Spider Magnet.
- Climb up the blue walls and to the right to find a Missile Tank. Jump to the right to slide the panel down. Go through the door you exposed.
- Continue right. Use a Melee Counter to expose the door.
Corpius boss fight
Through the door you have to punch open, you’ll find your first boss fight.
For the first phase of the fight, Corpius only has a few moves.
- Its tail will draw back in a coil and rattle, and it will strike out at you. Jump over it.
- It’ll spit acid at you. If you’re quick, shoot the acid ball for some energy and missiles.
- The tail will draw back and strike down from overhead.
Your goal is to shoot it in the head with missiles or Charged Beams. When it draws back for an overhead strike, run toward it. When you’re under the tail, you’ll have a few seconds to unload safely.
Corpius Phase 2
Once you deal enough damage, Corpius will turn invisible. Your only target will be a glowing spot near the tip of the tail.
The moves are the same, though, so just keep shooting at that one glowing spot. Just your Power Beam will work here, so don’t waste the missiles.
Corpius Phase 3
When it becomes visible again, Corpius will have its back to you. Slide underneath. Just as you pass its head, Melee Counter and fire. This will trigger a sequence where you can unload missiles straight into its mouth.
Corpius Phase 4
The direction is flipped this time, but there’s only one new move to watch out for:
- It’ll breath acid in a line toward you. When this happens, jump up to the Spider Magnet panel on the wall.
Everything else about this phase is the same as the previous two. The Spider Magnet panel gives you the chance to jump over Corpius when it gets too close.
Keep repeating the phases (and especially the Melee Counter sequence) until you defeat Corpius. You’ll pick up the Phantom Cloak as a reward.
Sensor-Lock Doors (Phantom Cloak)
- Exit the arena where you fought Corpius, and climb up and to the left. Activate your new Phantom Cloak to get past the door.
- Ride the Spider Magnet panel up.
- Sensor-Lock Door.
- Ride the Spider Magnet panel across the roof to the right.
- Climb past the flame jets to the elevator and take it to Cataris.