It’s time to return to Metroid Dread’s Burenia. It’s a quick trip this time, with just a boss fight in your way. In our Metroid Dread Burenia walkthrough, we’ll help you navigate the map and give you tips and tricks for beating the Drogyga boss fight.
Table of contents
The numbers on the maps below correspond to the areas you’ll be exploring in each section of this guide.
Drogyga boss fight
- Take the shuttle to Burenia from Dairon.
- Energy Tank.
- Map Station.
- Ammo Recharge Station.
- Grapple Beam Door.
- Grapple Beam Door.
- Energy Recharge Station.
- Drogyga boss fight.
Drogyga Phase 1
Your goal is to shoot the tentacle on top of Drogyga. Use more regular Power Beam and Charged Shots than missiles here — you don’t get a lot back, so save them.
- Drogyga will fire three projectiles at you. You can (and should) shoot the blue ones for energy and missiles. The red ones are invulnerable, so just avoid them.
- Drogyga will slash at you with tentacles. Stay in a corner and jump over them — it helps to move toward Drogyga a little while you jump.
Once you have shot the tentacle enough, shoot the button on the wall with a Charged Shot, and then Grapple Beam up to the Spider Magnet panel on the ceiling. Ride to the far side, and fire a Charged Shot at the other button.
Drogyga will open its mouth(?) and expose a weak point. Keep hitting it with missiles as fast as you can.
After enough damage, Drogyga will raise a tentacle. Melee Counter this one to enter a Grab Phase (and get some energy and missiles).
Drogyga Phase 2
There’s not much different in phase 2.
- This time, there will be two red and one blue projectile. Focus on the blue one.
- The tentacle slashes are a bit quicker, so stay near the corner to give yourself a little more time.
- Occasionally, all three tentacles will coil together along the floor. When this happens, Grapple Beam up to the ceiling to avoid them.
Repeat this process until Drogyga is defeated.
Shuttle to Ghavoran
- From the Drogyga fight, head right (you’ll fall through the floor).
- Grapple Swing Point.
- Save Station.
- Shuttle to Ghavoran.