Minecraft has 122 achievements built in. They cover everything from punching your first tree to defeating the enderdragon. In this Minecraft achievements guide, we’ll list all 122 of them, broken into broad (and kind of arbitrary) categories.
The first category of 18 achievements covers everything from just starting out to making your first tools and tables.
- Getting Wood. Punch a tree until a block of wood pops out.
- Taking Inventory. Open your inventory.
- Benchmarking. Craft a workbench with four blocks of wooden planks.
- Time to Mine! Use planks and sticks to make a pickaxe.
- Time to Strike! Use planks and sticks to make a sword.
- Time to Farm! Make a hoe.
- MOAR Tools. Construct one type of each tool.
- Getting an Upgrade. Construct a better pickaxe.
- Hot Topic. Construct a furnace out of eight cobblestone blocks.
- Renewable Energy. Smelt wood trunks using charcoal to make more charcoal.
- Cow Tipper. Harvest some leather.
- Acquire Hardware. Smelt an iron ingot.
- Chestful of Cobblestone. Mine 1,728 cobblestone and place it in a chest.
- It’s a Sign! Craft and place an oak sign.
- Iron Man. Wear a full suit of iron armor.
- Pot Planter. Craft and place a flower pot.
- Tie Dye Outfit. Use a cauldron to dye all 4 unique pieces of leather armor.
- Fruit on the Loom. Make a banner using an enchanted apple stencil.
Sixteen achievements cover interacting with Minecraft’s various animal mobs.
- Leader of the Pack. Befriend five wolves.
- Lion Hunter. Gain the trust of an ocelot.
- Repopulation. Breed two cows with wheat.
- Have a Shearful Day. Use shears to obtain wool from a sheep.
- Rainbow Collection. Gather all 16 colors of wool.
- When Pigs Fly. Use a saddle to ride a pig, and then have the pig get hurt from fall damage while riding it.
- Saddle Up. Tame a horse.
- Artificial Selection. Breed a mule from a horse and a donkey.
- So I Got That Going for Me. Lead a caravan containing at least 5 llamas.
- Zoologist. Breed two pandas with bamboo.
- Where have you been? Receive a gift from a tamed cat in the morning.
- Plethora of Cats. Befriend twenty stray cats.
- Whatever Floats Your Goat. Get in a boat and float with a goat.
- The Healing Power of Friendship! Team up with an axolotl and win a fight.
- Birthday Song. Have an allay drop a cake at a note block.
- With Our Powers Combined! Have all 3 frog lights in your inventory.
Farming, cooking, and eating
There are seven achievements that deal with eating food.
- Pork Chop. Cook and eat a pork chop.
- Delicious Fish. Catch and cook a fish!
- Bake Bread. Turn wheat into bread.
- Iron Belly. Stop starvation using rotten flesh.
- The Lie. Bake a cake using: wheat, sugar, milk, and eggs.
- Rabbit Season. Cook and eat rabbit meat.
- Time for Stew. Give someone suspicious stew.
Bees, honey, and wax
Since bees (and beehives, honeycomb, and honey) have four achievements, we’ve given them their own section.
- Bee our guest. Use a campfire to collect honey from a beehive using a bottle without aggravating the bees.
- Total Beelocation. Move and place a bee nest, with 3 bees inside, using silk touch.
- Sticky Situation. Slide down a honey block to slow your fall.
- Wax on, Wax off. Apply and remove wax from all the copper blocks!
These nine achievements involve mostly just wandering around and exploring the world.
- Adventuring Time. Discover 17 biomes.
- Passing the Time. Play for 100 days.
- Map Room. Place 9 fully explored, adjacent maps into 9 item frames in a 3 by 3 square.
- Sound of Music. Make the meadows come alive with the sound of music from a jukebox.
- Trampoline. Bounce 30 blocks upward off of a slime block.
- Beam Me Up. Teleport over 100 meters from a single throw of an ender pearl.
- Me Gold! Dig up a buried treasure.
- Top of the World. Place scaffolding to the world limit.
- Caves & Cliffs. Free fall from the top of the world (build limit) to the bottom of the world and survive.
Combat and monsters
These 14 achievements concern interacting with (and killing) various hostile mobs.
- Monster Hunter. Attack and destroy a monster.
- Archer. Kill a creeper with arrows.
- Sniper Duel. Kill a skeleton with an arrow from more than 50 meters.
- Overkill. Deal nine hearts of damage in a single hit.
- Camouflage. Kill a mob while wearing the same type of mob head.
- Taste of Your Own Medicine. Poison a witch with a splash potion.
- Body Guard. Create an iron golem.
- Feeling Ill. Defeat an evoker.
- Cheating Death. Use the Totem of Undying to cheat death.
- Kill the Beast! Defeat a ravager.
- We’re being attacked! Trigger a pillager raid.
- Sound the Alarm! Ring the bell with a hostile enemy in the village.
- I’ve got a bad feeling about this. Kill a pillager captain.
- Bullseye. Hit the bullseye of a target block.
Villages and trading
Interacting with villagers — specifically trading with them — gets six achievements.
- Zombie Doctor. Cure a zombie villager.
- The Haggler. Acquire or spend 30 emeralds by trading with villagers.
- Treasure Hunter. Acquire a map from a cartographer villager, then enter the revealed structure.
- Buy Low, Sell High. Trade for the best possible price.
- Master Trader. Trade for 1,000 emeralds.
- Star trader. Trade with a villager at the build height limit.
Redstone and automation
These four achievements concern using redstone (or redstone-adjacent) tools.
- On A Rail. Travel by minecart to a point at least 500m in a single direction from where you started.
- Freight Station. Use a hopper to move an item from a chest minecart to a chest.
- Dispense With This. Construct a dispenser.
- Inception. Push a piston with a piston, then pull the original piston with that piston.
Two achievements have to do with finding diamonds.
- Diamonds to you! Throw diamonds at another player.
- DIAMONDS! Acquire diamonds with your iron tools.
Enchanting and enchantments
Once you have diamonds, you can build an enchantment table. These six achievements have to do with that.
- Enchanter. Construct an enchantment table.
- Librarian. Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table.
- Stayin’ Frosty. Swim in lava while having the fire resistance effect.
- Overpowered. Eat an enchanted apple.
- Let It Go! Using the frost walker boots, walk on at least 1 block on frozen water on a deep ocean.
- Disenchanted. Use a grindstone to get experience from an enchanted item.
Twelve achievements involve going underwater or other ocean-themed activities.
- Free Diver. Stay underwater for 2 minutes.
- Atlantis? Find an underwater ruin.
- Castaway. Eat nothing but dried kelp for three in-game days.
- Ahoy! Find a shipwreck.
- I am a Marine Biologist. Collect a fish in a bucket!
- Sleep with the Fishes. Spend a day underwater.
- Alternative Fuel. Power a furnace with a dried kelp block.
- Do a Barrel Roll! Use riptide to give yourself a boost.
- One Pickle, Two Pickle, Sea Pickle, Four. Place four sea pickles in a group.
- Moskstraumen. Activate a conduit.
- Dry Spell. Dry a sponge in a furnace.
- The Deep End. Defeat an elder guardian.
These 10 achievements can be earned once you build a Nether portal and visit The Nether.
- Into The Nether. Construct a Nether portal.
- Into Fire. Relieve a blaze of its rod.
- Local Brewery. Brew a potion.
- Return to Sender. Destroy a ghast with a fireball.
- Oooh, shiny! Distract a piglin using gold.
- Hot tourist destination. Visit all Nether biomes.
- Feels Like Home. Take a strider for a loooong ride on a lava lake in the Overworld.
- The Beginning? Spawn the wither.
- The Beaconator. Create and fully power a beacon.
- Cover me in debris. Wear a full set of Netherite armor.
The final nine achievements can be earned once you reach The End.
- The End? Enter an End portal.
- You Need a Mint. Collect dragons breath in a glass bottle.
- The End. Kill the enderdragon.
- The End… Again… Respawn the enderdragon.
- Great View From Up Here. Levitate up 50 blocks from the attacks of a shulker.
- Super Sonic. Use elytra to fly through a 1 by 1 gap while moving faster than 40 m/s.
- Organizational Wizard. Name a shulker box with an anvil.
- Sneak 100. Sneaking next to a sculk sensor without triggering it.
- It Spreads. Kill a mob next to a catalyst.