Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak adds a host of monsters to Rise’s already sizeable roster. While most monsters are returning beasts from other Monster Hunter games, there are a handful of brand new monsters and subspecies.
In this guide, we’re going to reveal the entire roster for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, and we’ll give you a brief description of each one.
[Spoiler Warning: While we won’t be going into any story details here, the full list of monsters we’ve added below includes at least one name that Capcom hasn’t revealed yet, which belongs to the expansion’s final boss.]
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak includes seven returning monsters, six monster subspecies, and four brand new monsters for a grand total of 17 creatures.
Below, we’ve listed out Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak’s roster in the order you’ll likely face them over the course of the expansion. We’ve bolded the names of monsters that are new to the series.
- Daimyo Hermitaur — Returning Carapaceon from Monster Hunter 2
- Blood Orange Bishaten — Fire subspecies of Bishaten
- Garangolm — New Fanged Beast from Sunbreak
- Shogun Ceanataur — Returning Carapaceon from Monster Hunter 2
- Aurora Somnacanth — Ice subspecies of Somnacanth
- Lunagaron — New Fanged Wyvern from Sunbreak
- Seregios — Returning Flying Wyvern from Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Magma Almudron — Fire subspecies of Almudron
- Astalos — Returning Flying Wyvern from Monster Hunter Generations
- Espinas — Returning Flying Wyvern from Monster Hunter Frontier
- Pyre Rakna-Kadaki — Fire subspecies of Rakna-Kadaki
- Gore Magala — Returning “unknown type” from Monster Hunter 4
- Malzeno — New Elder Dragon from Sunbreak
- Shagaru Magala — Returning Elder Dragon from Monster Hunter 4
- Gaismagorm — New Elder Dragon from Sunbreak
- Furious Rajang — More difficult subspecies of Rajang
- Scorned Magnamalo — More difficult subspecies of Magnamalo
While we didn’t include them in the list, note that the monsters from Rise’s original roster also got Master Rank upgrades.