In New Pokémon Snap, Lugia the Legendary bird is hidden in the Lental Seafloor.
Some Pokémon, like Lugia, won’t just appear on a route, even if the route is a high rank. To get the Legendary ocean bird to appear, you’ll need to interact with specific Pokémon throughout the route.
In this New Pokémon Snap guide, we’ll detail how to unlock the route that Lugia is sleeping in and how to wake it up. To find it, you have to do the following:
- Take the alternate route opened up by the Clawitzer at rank 2 or higher.
- When you arrive at the rocky tunnel that moves you down to the seafloor, hit Lanturn with an Illumina Orb. It will flip around and then quickly swim down after.
- After the large Wailord passes, hit the Lanturn captured by the Frillish with an Illumina Orb. This will free it, and it will swim down further.
- When you arrive on the seafloor, use your scanner to follow the Lanturn into the new path.
- Lugia will be sleeping to the right, once you pass a large rock.
- Throw Illumina Orbs at the two Illumina flowers in front of and above Lugia to wake it up.
The route will not stay unlocked in following runs. To go through that newly opened cave again, you will need to do this process every time.