These alternate routes aren’t the same as the semi-random seasonal routes that the level offers, as you’ll need to use your scanner to take these. You need to be at Research Level 3 to unlock both of these routes.
In this New Pokémon Snap guide, we’ll teach you how to unlock each alternate route in Elsewhere Forest.
How to unlock the alternate route behind the Trevenant
The first alternate route in Elsewhere Forest is in the first foggy area. To unlock it, you’ll need to play music when you see the Trevenant by the floating blue rock on the right side. The Trevenant will move and open the path for you, allowing you to scan and take that route.
There isn’t much on this path, but if you throw an Illumina Orb at the Espeon, you can head to the winter area. If you feed it a Fluffruit, then you can head to the fall area.
This route needs to be reopened every time you run this level.
How to unlock the alternate route by reuniting the Sawsbuck and Deerling
The second alternate route unlocks a different ending area for Elsewhere Forest. Head to the third area, where everything is foggy again, and do the following:
- Look immediately to the right, and throw an Illumina Orb at the first Crystabloom. A Deerling will approach it.
- Throw an Illumina Orb at the second Crystabloom, which will have the same Deerling approach it.
- Skip the third Crystabloom you see directly in front of you. Throw an Illumina Orb at the fourth Crystabloom behind it instead. The Deerling will run up to the flower.
- Move forward a bit, past a large boulder, and throw an Illumina Orb at the fifth Crystabloom that sits alone. An Espeon will come to it, along with the Deerling. The Sawsbuck will also approach it and reunite. The Espeon will run forward in the map, and the two deer Pokémon will run ahead and turn right.
- Use your scanner to take the newly opened route by the Deerling and Sawsbuck.
This route shouldn’t have any new Pokémon, but you’ll find Deerling, Sawsbuck, Espeon, Lotad, Espurr, and some others based on which seasonal area you visited earlier on. You also need to use this route to find the Elegant Pattern Vivillon.
This path will remain open after you initially unlock it, so you won’t have to reunite the Deerling and Sawsbuck every time you run it.