Payday 2 is getting a new heist team member as part of a timed exclusive when the game launches on Nintendo Switch at the end of February.
Nintendo announced the new addition the game during its surprise Nintendo Direct this morning. Described as a “Japanese computer whiz,” Joy has a “changing LED mask, her own weapons and hacker perks,” according to the teaser Nintendo released today.
The publisher also confirmed that the Switch version of the game will allow players to join their friends for local multiplayer sessions via Crime Net. In a press release, Nintendo said that “CRIME.NET Local Play will make you able to set up a local game and invite friends that share the same local network.”
Other components of the game that Nintendo highlighted in its press release include:
- Dynamic Scenarios – No heist ever plays out the same way twice, as heists comes with random geometry and events.
- Choose Your Skills – As players progress they can invest in any of five special Skill Trees: Mastermind, Enforcer, Ghost, Technician and Fugitive. Each features a deep customization tree of associated skills and equipment to master.
- More Masks than Ever – PAYDAY 2 features a completely new mask system, giving players the ability to craft their own unique mask together with a pattern and a color.
- Weapons and Modifications – A huge arsenal for the serious heister, covering everything from sniper to assault rifles. You can modify your weapon with optics, suppressors, fore grips, reticles, barrels, frames, stocks and lots more.
- Play It Your Way – Each job allows for multiple approaches, such as slow and stealthy ambushes, to running in guns blazing.
Payday 2 will launch on Switch on Feb. 27 for $49.99.