Starting on 6/21, you will be granted the normal freedom given to you before a palace. There are plenty of things to do during this time:
- Hang out with Ryuji, Ann and Yusuke to increase your in combat abilities.
- Hang out with Sojiro, Takemi and Mishima to gain outside benefits.
- Answer in class questions with "Pope Joan," "heavy rain," "gold," and "baozi."
- Go and get your fortune read in Shinjuku, spend 100,000 yen on the fortune teller’s stone. You need to buy this item to gain access to the Fortune Persona, as well as a few other benefits that Chihaya (the fortune teller) can provide.
- Explore the shops in Shinjuku.
- Return to Mementos for the "Phantom Thieves vs Burglary Ring" request. Head part-way through Area 2. You will eventually come head to head with Kazuya Makigami’s shadow form. Use Curse to weaken the boss and kill it.
- Learn how to use the new fusion feature, the gallows, to sacrifice Personas to grant experience to others.
- Hang out with Mishima until you get the opportunity to track down his shadow in Mementos.
- Gain Ohya as a confidant (birthing the Devil Persona) by hanging out with her in Crossroads.