Around the middle of May in Persona 5, Caroline and Justine — the twin-wardens — will send you on a quest. The twins want you to fuse a specific Persona with a specific ability. If you complete their task, you will be granted the Strength Persona, as well as another request.
Strength persona abilities
Leveling up the Strength Persona will afford you some interesting new abilities inside the Velvet Room:
- At rank one, you will gain the Group Guillotine, which will allow you to fuse three personas at once.
- At rank three, you will get Solitary Confinement, which will allow you to leave a Persona behind to improve their resistances against specific attack types.
- At rank five, you will get the Guillotine Booster, which will allow you to fuse four personas at once.
- At rank eight, you will get Special Solitary Confinement, which increases the resistances gained from Solitary Confinement by an even greater amount.
- At rank 10, you will gain Special Treatment, which will finally allow you to create Personas of any level, even ones higher than your own.
- Appeasing the twins is not easy, and will require a bit of leg work on your part. The twins are looking for very specific combinations and they will not waver at all.
Requirements and recommended fusions for all 10 ranks
- The twins will ask for a Jack Frost with Mabufu. Fuse Berith and Apsaras, raise new Jack Frost to level 12.
- The twins will ask for a Shiisaa with Frei. Fuse Jack Frost and Makami, make the Shiisaa inherit Frei from the Makami.
- The twins will ask for a Matador with Magaru. Fuse Nekomata and Obariyon, wait until Igor makes the Margaru ability available. Repeat the process until it is randomly gained.
- The twins will ask for a Flauros with Tarukaja. Fuse Andras, Eligor, and Berith via the Group Guillotine, make sure the Flauros inherits Tarukaja from the Andras.
- The twins will ask for a Ame-no-Uzume with Dodge Psy. Fuse Kin-ki that is at least level 27 and Sui-ki, make sure it inherits Dodge Psy.
- The twins will ask for a Neko Shogun with the Dekaja skill. Fuse Anzu, Korama, and Sudama via the Group Guillotine. Once you have the Neko Shogun, you need to strengthen it to get Dekaja. Grab an Orobos, enter the Velvet Room and save inside. This can be a real pain, but you must sacrifice Orobas to Neko Shogun. Through the sacrifice, one of Orobas' abilities will transfer over, but it is random. Reload and repeat until you get Dekaja to transfer.
- The twins will ask for a Lachesis with Tetraja. Fuse Koppa Tengui and Red Rider, sacrifice a Clotho to inherit Tetraja. Alternatively, fuse Lamia and Sandman for Principality. Take your new Principality and fuse it with Yaksini for Ame no Uzume, inherit Tetraja. Take your new Ame no Uzume and fuse it with Isis, make your new Lachesis inherit Tetraja.
- The twins will ask for a Hecatoncheires with Masukunda. Fuse Unicorn with Lilim.
- The twins will ask for Bugs with Samerecarm. Fuse Hariti that is at least level 41, Pixie, and Pisaca via the Group Guillotine.
- The twins will ask for a Seth with High Counter. Fuse Hecatoncheires and Kushinada-Hime for Horus. Fuse the result of that fusion with Isis, Thoth, and Anubis via the Group Guillotine. In order for Seth to learn High Counter, you will need to acquire an ability card. This card cannot be acquired until a October Mementos mission, "The Killer Who Cleans Up Trash."
The easiest way to acquire the necessary Personas for fusion is to pull from your Inmate Registry. Each time you fuse a Persona, they become registered in your guide and you can pull them out at any time in the Velvet Room (for a small amount of Yen). Try using this handy Fusion calculator in addition to your registry to make things a lot easier on yourself.
By appeasing the wardens, you will not only gain the massive Aracana Burst that comes with all confidants, you will also be able to create new and powerful Personas to aid you on your journey.