Persona 5 is a game full of "polish, allure and charm," as we said in our review. It’s also a game with 100 or more hours of content, difficult dungeons and complex social interactions with a lively cast of characters. In Polygon’s Persona 5 guide, we’ll show you how to navigate the hours ahead of you.
We've split our guide up into three sections. Tips and tricks will introduce you to the game, give you a head start and explain important mechanics like negotiations and hold ups. Next comes a section all about increasing your social stats like charm, guts, kindness, knowledge and proficiency. Then there's a day-by-day Persona 5 walkthrough.
- 10 tips for your first 20 hours
- What you need to know about Persona 5 if you've never played a Persona game
Tips and tricks
- Persona 5 Confidants: Every confidant and tips to level them up
- Persona 5 confidant list, rank requirements and romance options
- Persona 5 negotiation guide: tips and tricks
- Persona 5 hold up guide
- How fusion works
- Persona 5 strength confidant
- Persona 5 max social link guide
- How to get Persona 5's true ending
- Persona 5 multiple romance guide
Enemies, items and weapons
Persona 5 loves a calendar, so we’ve arranged our walkthrough based on in-game dates — months, specifically. Just use the links below to get wherever you want to be.
Classroom questions and answers, by day and month
- All of July, summer vacation and Futaba palace
- Futaba tomb palace and Cognitive Wakaba Isshiki boss fight