Pokémon Go now lets players battle against Team Rocket bosses, with each of them using different Pokémon.
Battling the bosses is a mandatory step in the monthly Team Rocket Special Research, so if you want a Shadow Legendary Pokémon, you’ll have to take them on.
Sierra is one of the Team Rocket gym leaders. She uses a mix of psychic-, ice-, and dark-type Pokémon, with some other dual types thrown in there.
How do I find Sierra?
Take down Team Rocket grunts at PokéStops to get six Mysterious Components. After obtaining six, they’ll piece together into a tracker to find a Team Rocket leader. You’ll battle one of the three gym leaders at various PokéStops marked by the tracker. You won’t know which gym leader is there, but their locations only change once per day so you should have plenty of time to find the one you’re looking for
What Pokémon does Sierra use?
Sierra uses three Pokémon, and while her first is always the same, her second and third Pokémon will vary. Her possible team members are listed below
- First Pokémon: Sneasel
- Second Pokémon: Hypno/Lapras/Sableye
- Third Pokémon: Houndoom/Gardevoir/Alakazam
What Pokémon should I use against Sierra?
Sierra uses a lot of psychic- and dark-types, so using dark- and fighting-types are a safe bet.
- Machamp with Counter and Dynamic Punch (Best on Sierra’s ice-types like Sneasel and Lapras)
- Tyranitar with Smack Down/Bite and Crunch (Best on Sierra’s psychic- and ghost-types like Hypno, Sableye, and Alakazam)
- Darkrai with Snarl and Dark Pulse (Best on Sierra’s psychic- and ghost-types)
Any fighting-types should make quick work of her Sneasel, which has a quadrupled weakness to fighting moves. The rest of her party is a bit trickier, since the Pokémon used can vary, but any of the above counters above should be fairly helpful.